Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 25
Author
What did you climb last weekend?

BlankSlab
11-Oct-2013
12:22:56 PM
Thought i would try to pass some friday boredom.

What did you climb last weekend?

Had a quick easy lap up Tom Thumb in the bluies while watching Mikl and two freinds Andrew and Carl head up the Wind That Cries Mary. Made for an enjoyable day out.

Miguel75
11-Oct-2013
1:39:37 PM
I climbed a whole bunch of stairs around Melbourne... Should be a different story tomorrow, Camels Hump here I come.

sbm
11-Oct-2013
1:39:43 PM
I managed to climb out of bed at 7am last Saturday, it was pretty epic and it wasn't even for climbing. I also climbed a 24 in the gym on top rope, so proud!

Seriously though, I wrote a trip report over in the tr forum, apparently it breaks my previous words-per-metres-climbed record.

rodw
11-Oct-2013
1:44:15 PM
Replaced a bolt at local crag on the Saturday so was on a rope but not actually climbing.....all normal climbing partners had other stuff on so went bush bashing/crag hunting in the blueys with my old man on the Sunday...saw lots of stuff I wanted to climb..that count?
martym
11-Oct-2013
3:47:24 PM
On 11/10/2013 sbm wrote:
>I managed to climb out of bed at 7am last Saturday, it was pretty epic
>and it wasn't even for climbing.
I climbed out of bed even earlier! And I haven't climbed rock or plastic since getting home from Europe on September 8th...
Family life taking it's toll?
I actually turned down a chance to go to Mt Piddington two weekends in favour of visiting the lake in Wentworth Falls.
Can I actually call myself a climber any more?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
11-Oct-2013
7:06:06 PM
On 11/10/2013 martym wrote:
>Can I actually call myself a climber any more?

I am in the same boat.
I climbed onto my bike and did a 6 hr ride (including 2 hrs of dirt), to watch my new poopie being born!
Came home later by the same adventure-motorcycle friendly route, ... but I still don't have drifting dirt corners down pat* ...

(* Am too afraid of oncoming traffic, to get it totally out of shape.)
f_abe
14-Oct-2013
10:22:19 AM
Bolted two routes - does prussicing count as climbing?
Then, as the chockstone internet dating service failed me, grabbed the pad and went exploring, to be rewarded with a myriad of excellent bouldering.
Seriously, I can't understand why the vic ranges aren't crawling with boulduderers at the moment, never will it be easier to carry a pad through the bush, there's heaps there, some with smatterings of chalk (I was amazed at the development up the gully just north of red rox) but lots without - nothing better than stumbling upon a great hunk of rock, not knowing if a line will go, then wishing you'ld sussed out how to get off the damn thing once you actually made it...

Pat
14-Oct-2013
1:58:03 PM
>but I still don't have drifting dirt corners down pat* ...

OK, seeing as that comment was directed at me I'll bite . .

6 Hrs is a long way to go for a dump - either that or your poopies are not the same as mine.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
14-Oct-2013
9:24:35 PM
On 14/10/2013 Pat wrote:
>>but I still don't have drifting dirt corners down pat* ...
>
>OK, seeing as that comment was directed at me I'll bite . .
>
Would you have responded if I wrote about dodging a cow pat enroute?
~> I did! ... more than once!!
Heh, heh, heh.

>6 Hrs is a long way to go for a dump - either that or your poopies are
>not the same as mine.
>
Probably different...

... Just need to train it to be an annoying crag woof now and revive a chocky thread or two about it-
;-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post edit:
In the future Pat writes;
>are they kelpies?

No, Schnauzers. They will change colour as they get older.

shortman
14-Oct-2013
10:22:35 PM
On 11/10/2013 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>On 11/10/2013 martym wrote:
>>Can I actually call myself a climber any more?
>
>I am in the same boat.
>I climbed onto my bike and did a 6 hr ride (including 2 hrs of dirt),
>to watch my new poopie being born!
>Came home later by the same adventure-motorcycle friendly route, ... but
>I still don't have drifting dirt corners down pat* ...
>
>(* Am too afraid of oncoming traffic, to get it totally out of shape.)

Nice M9!

shortman
14-Oct-2013
10:29:05 PM

>
>
So cute!
Reluctant
14-Oct-2013
10:35:07 PM
I climbed back into a boat on port Phillip bay on Saturday. It was that rough out there. Almost as blowy as that night at araps during the school hols.
Wendy
15-Oct-2013
8:20:40 AM
Is this the thread that demonstrates how much climbing people actually do around here?

Despite being in Naracoorte for work 5 days a week for the last 5 weeks and the sort of weather that I'm allergic to, I have managed to do my first few 23s and 24s since shoulder surgery, go to a sport crag in the gramps I've not been to before and twinge a finger in a lock on Milk Blood. Bugger about the last one. I can't wait for the next 2 and 1/2 weeks to be over and I'm a free woman again.

Sabu
15-Oct-2013
11:12:46 AM
On 15/10/2013 Wendy wrote:
>Is this the thread that demonstrates how much climbing people actually
>do around here?
Probably.

I haven't touched rock since early winter. I'd be rather depressed about it too if I didn't have an NZ summer alps trip coming up!

Pat
15-Oct-2013
11:31:38 AM
Nice pic Rod - are they kelpies?
daave
15-Oct-2013
1:25:10 PM
Did my first ever mixed climb on Single Cone at The Remarkables in Queenstown. http://www.thecrag.com/climbing/new-zealand/queenstown/remarkables/route/325759284
Pretty much dragged up the thing by Sleake (can climb) for such a sick day out. 60km winds, no vis, snowing, frozen glasses/eyebrows/testicles etc. So stoked!
mbrooks
18-Oct-2013
2:41:28 AM
I managed a boulder session on the woody in a hot shed in dusty Afghanistan!!!
kieranl
21-Oct-2013
9:30:12 PM
Managed to finish off a new route on Tiger Wall that I first tried in winter 1987. Back then it was fiercely cold and I bailed into Kestrel when I could take no more.
I brushed and bolted it a few weeks back and then timed the shade perfectly on Saturday afternoon, which was pretty warm. Even with the bolts the main pitch still required most everything off the rack from a #2RP to a #4 Camalot. Even had Maureen along, the same team as on the first attempt 26 years earlier.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
22-Oct-2013
10:13:30 AM
On 21/10/2013 kieranl wrote:
>Managed to finish off a new route on Tiger Wall that I first tried in winter
>1987. Back then it was fiercely cold and I bailed into Kestrel when I could
>take no more.
>I brushed and bolted it a few weeks back and then timed the shade perfectly
>on Saturday afternoon, which was pretty warm. Even with the bolts the main
>pitch still required most everything off the rack from a #2RP to a #4 Camalot.
>Even had Maureen along, the same team as on the first attempt 26 years
>earlier.

That sounds very satisfying, and poetic too that you had the same team because given the timeframe involved that doesn't often happen.

Blueys, Camels, Gym, Afghanistan, Remarkables and Tiger Wall...
~>Incredible diversity this thread is drawing out!

Rather mundane by comparison, but I introduced a beginner leader to aid climbing (Mt Pilot near Beechworth), the other day, and he wants to do more, ... but maybe it was the booty blue anodised Omega Pacific nut he retrieved that hooked him?
Heh, heh, heh.
The weekend just gone was devoted to the Phillip Island MotoGP.
lockydoc
22-Oct-2013
5:04:31 PM
On 21/10/2013 kieranl wrote:
>Managed to finish off a new route on Tiger Wall that I first tried in winter
>1987. Back then it was fiercely cold and I bailed into Kestrel when I could
>take no more.
>I brushed and bolted it a few weeks back and then timed the shade perfectly
>on Saturday afternoon, which was pretty warm. Even with the bolts the main
>pitch still required most everything off the rack from a #2RP to a #4 Camalot.
>Even had Maureen along, the same team as on the first attempt 26 years
>earlier.

and the climb was?

oh also climbed boogie till you puke and was super hung over so nearly did as the climb suggests but finally finnished

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 25
There are 25 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints