Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop

Austrialpin: OVALO Straight Gate. Strength: 25 10 8kN (Heavy Duty) N/B Perfect for Racking wired Nuts? IMO   $12.00
45% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

 Page 2 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 43
Author
Paying the Pines fees
rolsen1
26/07/2013
11:34:19 PM
On 26/07/2013 Stugang wrote:
>On the traffic infringes thing - you can get off one minor traffic offence
>per year with a letter giving extenuating circumstances. Most people don't
>know and or don't bother.
>
>On the other hand you could just accept that you broke a rule and should
>suck it up like a princess and pay the disproportionate fine.
>

The OP said it was a genuine mistake and if that is the case then he probably has a good chance of getting out of the fine. He said it wasn't about the money buut about the principle if that is the case getting out the fine might be appealing to him but then again maybe he will just suck it up.

I've written the letter that saves $180 bucks. I do things all the time that break the rules, thankfully the one time I was disproportionately fined for it I was able to just write a letter to say I was sorry. I could have sucked it up but I chose not to. If I get caught again soon I guess I'll just have to suck it up.

Stugang
27/07/2013
12:17:56 AM
Rolsen. - the intent of my first paragraph was to share some useful factual information.

The second para was a troll to wind up kman. Sorry I thought that was obvious.
Justcameron
27/07/2013
4:28:40 PM
I guess I will need to rectify my practice of paying for camping fees at any random time during my stay and pay up front. I guess I just got lazy seeing as I had never been asked for camping fees before and never heard of anyone being fined. I think it's important to pay fees, which is why I pay, but due to the lack of apparent policing I had just been paying at any time during my visit. Thanks for the alert about possible fines and I will ensure I pay on arrival in future!
kieranl
27/07/2013
9:19:27 PM
On 27/07/2013 Stugang wrote:
>Rolsen. - the intent of my first paragraph was to share some useful factual
>information.
>
>The second para was a troll to wind up kman. Sorry I thought that was
>obvious.
It was. Nice try though.

Cool Hand Lock
28/07/2013
1:32:00 PM
Fined? Good, It's about time the free loaders started paying for Parks facilities.
fez82
28/07/2013
4:41:07 PM
It doesnt take long to read the signs they have at the campground re: fees etc. I head over from Adelaide and have no trouble with paying on arrival. Just a tip dont go to camp 4 in Yosemite with the ill pay later attitude...you wont get through the park gates! Although maybe parks Vic could look at an online fee payment system?

ajfclark
28/07/2013
5:10:05 PM
If you could pay online you'd expect to be guaranteed a space when you showed up. That means they'd have to allocate spaces, patrol them and make sure only the people that booked them were using them, etc. Far easier to just let people pay when they show up.
crackalackin!
28/07/2013
5:30:44 PM
On 28/07/2013 fez82 wrote:
>It doesnt take long to read the signs they have at the campground re: fees
>etc. I head over from Adelaide and have no trouble with paying on arrival.
>Just a tip dont go to camp 4 in Yosemite with the ill pay later attitude...you
>wont get through the park gates! Although maybe parks Vic could look at
>an online fee payment system?

Dumbest thing on the thread by far.......

Funny there's so much discussion regarding this topic. Guy arrives at The Pines without camping fee, doesn't read signs or look up rules before hand, and gets fined. Not really much to talk about.
JonSnow9
28/07/2013
5:40:06 PM
The idea of this post was not so much a whinge, but to confirm that the Pines is being patrolled and it's possible to be fined. In which case, you're right fez82, there isn't much to discuss. But thanks for your 2 cents.

ado_m
31/07/2013
11:45:22 AM
How do they enforce the fine without proof of ID or a car licence number to link the offending tent back to?

The legislation and regs supporting PERIN fines such as this always have a "special circumstances" process that you can: (a) beg with the relevant authority to be let off ie it will never happen again, or (b) claim some technical deficiency in the process they used to give you the fine - obviously dependent on circumstances.

I have about a 50/50 record of getting out of the fines that I regularly get, I consider it a sport.

Ado

Snappy
31/07/2013
12:32:24 PM
On 28/07/2013 ajfclark wrote:
>If you could pay online you'd expect to be guaranteed a space when you
>showed up. That means they'd have to allocate spaces, patrol them and
>make sure only the people that booked them were using them, etc. Far easier
>to just let people pay when they show up.

Up at Brooyar you can pay online and there are no reserved spots.

But then, you have to pay online.
drdeviousii
31/07/2013
3:06:28 PM
yeah but Brooyar is in Queensland, which is a special part of the country, and Brooyar is also near Gympie which is a special special part of the special part of the country. No-one cares what the heathens in the special special parts of Queensland are doing.

Snappy
31/07/2013
3:14:31 PM
On 31/07/2013 drdeviousii wrote:
>yeah but Brooyar is in Queensland, which is a special part of the country,
>and Brooyar is also near Gympie which is a special special part of the
>special part of the country. No-one cares what the heathens in the special
>special parts of Queensland are doing.

The heathens from the special part of a special part of the country worked out the internet before Victorians :)
jdb
31/07/2013
5:05:36 PM
I happen to believe the signs are too small, and should be better located.

Having said that...let me say this.. I don't have a lot of sympathy for people 'in the know' adopting the I'll pay later approach

ajfclark
31/07/2013
5:44:55 PM
I admit it's a little hard to find in the dark on a Friday night, but in daylight it's pretty easy to follow the "Fee box located in the pines" signs.

What do you want? A large arrow above it with "Fee box" written on it? Perhaps with some flashing lights around it for those late arrivals?

Duang Daunk
31/07/2013
8:59:14 PM
On 31/07/2013 ajfclark wrote:
>I admit it's a little hard to find in the dark on a Friday night, but in
>daylight it's pretty easy to follow the "Fee box located in the pines"
>signs.
>
>What do you want? A large arrow above it with "Fee box" written on it?
> Perhaps with some flashing lights around it for those late arrivals?

What do you want? climbers to give up their headtorches??

The bastards that didn't pay did so because they didn't want to pay.
tris
1/08/2013
10:45:21 AM
On 31/07/2013 Snappy wrote:
>On 28/07/2013 ajfclark wrote:
>>If you could pay online you'd expect to be guaranteed a space when you
>>showed up. That means they'd have to allocate spaces, patrol them and
>>make sure only the people that booked them were using them, etc. Far
>easier
>>to just let people pay when they show up.
>
>Up at Brooyar you can pay online and there are no reserved spots.
>
>But then, you have to pay online.

At Brooyar, there are a total number of people allowed at the camping site. If the number is exceeded (which happens pretty much every easter) then you cannot book.
hotgemini
1/08/2013
11:00:15 AM
Yeah, can reinforce what Trish said. That at busy times, Brooyar will be booked out which probably is a good thing in terms of limiting the load on the facilities (in particular the very marginal composting toilets) but would be a terrible shame for somewhere as fantastic as Arapiles.
Reluctant
1/08/2013
11:32:19 AM
FREE CAMPING. - Where? Any state or nat park - you pay. You had a go, got caught, cop it sweet. Cry in your beer. Sorry you can't afford one with the fine. Better yet go before the magistrate - he gets paid to hear these sob stories.

It might be because I'm getting older but I'm over hearing sob stories when people don't take responsibility for their actions. We all moan about fees. The BIG increase from $2 to $4 almost stopped the earth on its axis. But we paid. Rangers usually walk around and give you a chance. If you don't live in a bubble and talk to others you get warned and reminded to do the envelope. I can't believe I've wasted oxygen on this issue.

Hopefully your fine pays for new locks on the toilet cubicles.

freesolo
Online Now
3/08/2013
11:28:20 PM
"Hopefully your fine pays for new locks on the toilet cubicles."

...because you want to join someone when they're busy, or keep out someone who wants to join you???

 Page 2 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 43
There are 43 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints