Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 34
Author
O T - I miss daylight savings!

Miguel75
11-May-2013
9:23:45 PM
I really miss being able to duck out after work for a late arvo/evening session.

Why can't daylight savings be all year round...

phillipivan
12-May-2013
12:22:50 AM
Because.

ajfclark
12-May-2013
7:39:19 AM
People complain about having to get up in the dark mid winter.

Ben_E
12-May-2013
8:24:29 AM
On 11/05/2013 Miguel75 wrote:
>Why can't daylight savings be all year round...

+1

I don't mind getting up in the dark, but coming home from work in the dark is just plain grim.

ajfclark
12-May-2013
8:27:48 AM
On 12/05/2013 Ben_E wrote:
>I don't mind getting up in the dark, but coming home from work in the dark is just plain grim.

Yup. I used to hate it in Melbourne during winter. Aside from anything else, on the few good days of sun during the week, I could never get home from work to take my washing off the line before it got dark and damp.

It seemed especially stupid when the days are shortest and I was getting up in the dark and getting home in the dark too.

Around 39 days till the days are getting longer again...
Wendy
12-May-2013
8:42:43 AM
All the more reason to

(a) not work full time
(b) head north for the winter

I was actually really glad to see the end of daylight savings because I hate getting up in the dark. The last month of daylight savings was the pits. Great mid summer. Crap in autumn. And I got to climb 3 glorious days of beautiful not winter like at all weather this week in the middle of the day when the sun is on the cliff. it's too cold for me in once it's in the shade now, so i wouldn't be out climbing evenings anyway.

kieranl
12-May-2013
9:50:02 AM
On 12/05/2013 Wendy wrote:
> it's too cold for me in once it's
>in the shade now, so i wouldn't be out climbing evenings anyway.
>
There's always the west side of the mount - get the last glimpses of the sun at Campbell's KIngdom or the deep south

phillipivan
12-May-2013
10:07:28 AM
If we are taking requests, I'd like January's daylight hours, and July's temperatures. Year round.

Thank you.

ajfclark
12-May-2013
10:17:23 AM
Move to Canberra Phil. ;-)

miguel75
12-May-2013
1:39:11 PM
On 12/05/2013 kieranl wrote:
..SNIP...
> get the last glimpses of the sun at Campbell's KIngdom or the deep south

I really enjoy a twilight climb at Camels Hump for a similar reason. Watching the sunset across the plains is quite lovely. My only gripe is I'd love the sun to set at 9pmish instead of 6pmish...

miguel75
12-May-2013
1:49:43 PM
On 12/05/2013 phillipivan wrote:
>Because.

Big G
12-May-2013
7:56:58 PM
It's all a hangover from a bygone era. And all about farmers. Imagine a country of 22 million beholden to less than 2% of the population especially when you could be beholden to 1.5% like the miners
Wendy
12-May-2013
9:31:00 PM
We're all beholden to the clock. That's not even a member of the population! Because really, nothing has changed. I still wake up with the sun most of the time (unless I have to be at work in Nhill at 7 which involves horrible dark cold mornings) regardless of whether that is 6 or 730. And I'll still climb til dark if I feel like it, regardless of whether that's 9pm or 7pm. Actually, I probably won't right now cause I'd be too cold. But the cows now, they don't like daylight savings. It puts them off their milk. That's why qld can't do daylight savings. Beholden to cows.
martym
13-May-2013
10:39:50 AM

"The Ex-Presidents rob banks to finance their endless summer"
- Point Break
Jayford4321
13-May-2013
9:27:13 PM
On 12/05/2013 kieranl wrote:
>On 12/05/2013 Wendy wrote:
>> it's too cold for me in once it's
>>in the shade now, so i wouldn't be out climbing evenings anyway.
>>
>There's always the west side of the mount - get the last glimpses of the
>sun at Campbell's KIngdom or the deep south

Better still, just go bouldering, as it doesn't take half the time that roped foolishness does.
martym
19-May-2014
9:44:19 AM
>I really miss being able to duck out after work for a late arvo/evening
>session.
>
>
>

bump.... :(

Miguel75
19-May-2014
9:46:09 AM
On 19/05/2014 martym wrote:
>On 11/05/2013 Miguel75 wrote:
>>I really miss being able to duck out after work for a late arvo/evening
>>session.
>>
>>Why can't daylight savings be all year round...
>>
>>
>
>bump.... :(

:) - Daylight savings or not I'm off for a frolic at Werribee Gorge in 5... yay!

salty crag
19-May-2014
11:09:31 PM
Daylight saving good or bad this has been the best May for climbing in vic ever! Also been great surf. Can't get better than this, very sleep deprived.

Wendy
20-May-2014
6:39:23 AM
I just hatee that I'm going to work now and it's black out there.

ajfclark
20-May-2014
6:52:02 AM
But it would be either way so why not have sun in the evening?

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 34
There are 34 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints