Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 26
Author
Another poor service story

mousey
17-Jul-2004
5:19:59 PM
not sure about service (that kind of depends what you want/whos working when you go in/what their speciality is/etc etc.) but for prices both pinnacle and rock hardware are pretty much on the ball...if you get some orders together to divide the shipping costs though, overseas mail order is a good way to go (apart from the prices often being half of what we pay here, the selection of available gear is far better)
--------

all that said, i actually buy most, if not all of my stuff, from local suppliers (eg. whippet)- for the extra couple of dollars its well worth seeing our locals benefit from the efforts they've made towards supporting our lifestyle...

Ell
18-Jul-2004
11:35:59 AM
All this Paddy Pallin bashing is getting to me. I used to be a PP basher, but lately friends & I have been getting some amazing deals there. Stuff that is cheaper than you could buy from the USA. But I guess each to their own.

Romfrantic
18-Jul-2004
11:57:38 AM
Mountain Equipment...the guys at Kent Street Sydney know their stuff and in my experience have gone out of their way to really offer good service/deals. They've never dissapointed me.
Duncan
18-Jul-2004
6:51:39 PM
Yep. Mountain Equipment in Kent Street are awesome.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
19-Jul-2004
1:03:48 PM
On 17/07/2004 climbingjac wrote:
>I'd be interested to see some info come out of this thread on GOOD places
>to shop:
>
>I think we're all busy people and don't have the time or energy to waste
>time shopping in unfruitful locations. Would anyone care to share stories
>of an experience with a retailer that was particularly outstanding?? Perhaps
>when a retailer has gone "beyond the call of duty" to help you get an urgent
>piece of climbing gear in before your next incredibly important climbing
>trip??
Good point jac.
I have found Paddy Pallins in Canberra fits climbingjacs description for my climbing purchase needs and they have regularly gone "beyond the call of duty" on my behalf.
They have not always been successful though due to being buggered-about by their supplier!

Comments earlier this thread about salesperson experience vs purchasers experience are on the money! Over a lengthy period of time I have come across most levels/idiosyncrasies, but find that the more experience I have then the easier it is to sort the chaff from the wheat.

Rock Hardware (on this site) have been good to deal with in my experience. Always helpful even if they did not have the item I wanted.

neats
20-Jul-2004
11:25:54 AM
On 19/07/2004 A5iswhereitsat wrote:
>Rock Hardware (on this site) have been good to deal with in my experience.
>Always helpful even if they did not have the item I wanted.

I agree, Steve is a lovely guy!

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 26
There are 26 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints