"Neil.....I am your faather" 5
14% 
"I've always loved you, Macca" 2
6% 
"I had a faarm in Aaafricaa" 4
11% 

Page 1 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 65
Author
How's the Neil/Macca thing gonna pan out?
One Day Hero
25-Mar-2013
10:57:46 PM
I, for one, have grown tired of the current situation. Enough of the waiting game, how about a bit of action?
martym
26-Mar-2013
10:05:22 AM
I thought Macca started spelling it "Niel" so no one could do a search and see how many times he'd actually asked to be reinstated on the SFA forum?
mikllaw
26-Mar-2013
12:23:20 PM
Neil does way too much trad climbing to be a moderator. If Macca started climbing again, then started bolting, he could be a moderator and have his own safer cliffs forum.
Also, is there such a thing as an immoderator?
mattbrooks
26-Mar-2013
2:05:37 PM
Anyone who enjoys climbing on Dogface should never be allowed anywhere near a forum called Safer Cliffs ...........!!!!!!
widewetandslippery
26-Mar-2013
2:40:59 PM
Dogface is a sport climbing area. Covered in fixed gear.

And btw Neil has poped his dogface cherry

Macciza
26-Mar-2013
4:22:10 PM
So Mat

Let me get this straight, what you're saying is that people who have experience in maintaining safety in 'unsafe' environments and on (allegedly) 'unsafe' protection aren't welcome . . .

But people who are known to have placed unsafe bolts, bolted 'trad' lines (presumably because they are 'unsafe' otherwise), and even managed to injure themselves whilst bolting are all welcome . . .

Oh and Niel only aided on Doggie, which as every pleasure climber 'knows' is perfectly safe because you always have the rope clipped through a piece above you (much like dogging a sport climb) . . .
Pommy
26-Mar-2013
5:03:21 PM

> pleasure climber

As opposed to what, an ego climber?
dalai
26-Mar-2013
5:09:28 PM
This saga...

Macciza
26-Mar-2013
6:00:28 PM
On 26/03/2013 Pommy wrote:
>> pleasure climber
>
>As opposed to what, an ego climber?

Sorry - should I have used the Euro terminology 'Plaisir' climbing . . . or as some call it 'Spurt Climbing' . . .
Basically it means climbing without the 'awkward bits' like the responsibility of self-protecting the climb . .
Because insufficiently trained or incapable climbers, were unable to properly protect themselves properly, they started having accidents (of their own fault) and blamed the lack of, or age of , the available protection . . .
And so they started bolting climbs down to the lowest common denominator, predictable and artificially protected for the masses . . .

Maybe do an internet search and check out the UIAA Mountain Code, or 'To Bolt or Not toBe', or the Policy on the Preservation of Natural Rock for Adventure Climbing . . .

Macciza
26-Mar-2013
6:07:15 PM
On 26/03/2013 dalai wrote:
>This saga...
>

Oh if only that were even remotely accurate . .
A more accurate depiction might be some bloke walking along a train line trying to gain the attention of a train that is speeding away whilst the guard in the little red caboose gives him the 'mono' and sticks his fingers in his ears, pretending not to hear, and hoping that no-one watching notices his behaviour . . .

PS Niel, I'm still waiting for some sort of actual response . . . If you feel too embarrassed to give one publicly, you can always respond to one of my numerous PM's or emails . . .

rodw
26-Mar-2013
6:33:57 PM
Give up macca, your starting to sound more whiny more then a sport climber on a trad route

bw
27-Mar-2013
8:15:27 AM
maintain the rage

The good Dr
27-Mar-2013
8:46:36 AM
On 26/03/2013 rodw wrote:
>Give up macca, your starting to sound more whiny more then a sport climber
>on a trad route

Actually, I don't think anyone has ever been this whiny on Chocky ever before. Frankly, no self respecting, self proclaimed hardman of climbing would stoop to the weepy 'me, me' me' that we have been embarrasingly witness to.

And I do congratulate Neil on being able to bring a tough guy to his weepy knees with such careless disregard for his feelings. They are hurt now Neil and it is all your fault you arrogant moderator of Safer Cliffs.

Macciza
27-Mar-2013
9:09:09 AM
On 26/03/2013 rodw wrote:
>Give up macca, your starting to sound more whiny more then a sport climber
>on a trad route

Whilst I would never want to be an actual 'whiny, sport climber' complaining about someone else . . ..
I am not giving up . . . I'm trad climber, . . .
Not taking a sit, not threading the ring and lowering . . .

Macciza
27-Mar-2013
9:10:04 AM
On 27/03/2013 bw wrote:
>maintain the rage

Absolutely!! The entire rage . . .

Macciza
27-Mar-2013
9:18:23 AM
On 27/03/2013 The good Dr wrote:

>Actually, I don't think anyone has ever been this whiny on Chocky ever
>before. Frankly, no self respecting, self proclaimed hardman of climbing
>would stoop to the weepy 'me, me' me' that we have been embarrasingly witness
>to.

Well, actually, I don't think anyone has ever been this anti-Chocky community ever before. Frankly, no self respecting, self proclaimed hardman of moderators would stoop to the silent ' ' that we have been embarrasingly witness to.

>And I do congratulate Neil on being able to bring a tough guy to his weepy
>knees with such careless disregard for his feelings. They are hurt now
>Neil and it is all your fault you arrogant moderator of Safer Cliffs.

Well I congratulate myself on being able to bring an outspoken guy to absolute silence by simply asking a valid question. Niels feelings are hurt now and it is all his fault as arrogant moderator of Safer Cliffs.
TradOminous
5-Apr-2013
4:26:28 PM
Well, that certainly shut them up! Congratulations.
Not that Neil could be any more 'shut up' then he already is!

@OP - Any chance that a "The 'community' will rise up and 'de-ring' Neil (and his 'routes')" option could be added??
TIA

IdratherbeclimbingM9
5-Apr-2013
4:40:33 PM
On 5/04/2013 TradOminous wrote:
>@OP - Any chance that a "The 'community' will rise up and 'de-ring' Neil
>(and his 'routes')" option could be added??
>TIA

Polls only have 8 options possible, and I note this one has utilised them all...
I don't think they can be changed once voted on either...

On 26/03/2013 Macciza wrote:
>Oh and Niel only aided on Doggie, which as every pleasure climber 'knows'
>is perfectly safe because you always have the rope clipped through a piece
>above you (much like dogging a sport climb) . . .

Then they (pleasure climbers) are wrong.
There are plenty of run-outs to be had on thin aid, and clipping anything above you is inefficient, as it is much better to clip at waist level in passing.

On 25/03/2013 One Day Hero wrote:
>I, for one, have grown tired of the current situation. Enough of the waiting
>game, how about a bit of action?

You don't have an option regarding; it will end, but probably unpleasantly, and hopefully with no unnecessary chopping wars involved.

Macciza
5-Apr-2013
7:41:40 PM
On 5/04/2013 TradOminous wrote:
>@OP - Any chance that a "The 'community' will rise up and 'de-ring' Neil
>(and his 'routes')" option could be added??

Thanks TradO . . .
And yep, that does seem like appropriate option that should have been there from the start . . .

Big G
5-Apr-2013
9:58:03 PM
Wouldn't deringing a genuine sport 'route' (using tradominous' spurious use of apostrophes) be the equivalent of bolting a trad route? Bit odd from the high and mighty trad climbers, non?

Page 1 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 65
There are 65 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints