ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 3 of 6. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 114
Author
More slackline anchors

shortman
22-Mar-2013
12:55:21 PM
Send a request here Kieran - slacklinemelbourne@groups.facebook.com

The good Dr
22-Mar-2013
12:56:53 PM
On 22/03/2013 One Day Hero wrote:
>In that case, maybe I should be wondering about your eyesight.......we
>spotted the Birdman bolts from the track as we were walking past.

Will check them out this weekend and see what can be done.
One Day Hero
22-Mar-2013
1:00:43 PM
On 22/03/2013 The good Dr wrote:
>
>Will check them out this weekend and see what can be done.

You interested in a DCA shirt? :D
Wendy
22-Mar-2013
1:03:53 PM
I'm always wondering about my eyesight! If it's more than 3m away, it's incrementally more blurry. And I rarely have my glasses with me.
Wendy
22-Mar-2013
1:12:43 PM
I just sent a (polite!) email to the guy who recently uploaded all those vids of the slackline in question.

Re thoses anchors on birdman - i just had a thought. They wouldn't happen to be on Gordy's route that crosses birdman and finishes up and right? I wouldn't be surprised if he'd put an anchor on his route.
One Day Hero
22-Mar-2013
1:16:18 PM
Maybe, they only looked about 1m above the line of Birdman though.
chalkischeap
22-Mar-2013
1:20:08 PM
They are definitely lower offs for Birdman. They were there in October.
kieranl
22-Mar-2013
1:55:25 PM
Thanks Dan, wll do it tonight.

And if all this wasn't depressing enough, went down the street at lunchtime and encountered the Horsham country "music" festival. As I came back to work someone was murdering "Who'll stop the rain".
Wendy
22-Mar-2013
2:00:38 PM
Social Retard 35m 26
4 bolts
Lower-off
Start as for SC.
Up SC to ledge then continue straight up (wires, 2 carrots). Span R into Birdman's crux then bizarre moves right onto headwall (bolt), to stance in crack. Right to 2nd bolt and trickily up. If you don't go right at the top but go straight up to the chains, it's called Social Retard Deviant, also 26.

So there is an anchor on Gordy's route. Although I've done birdman since he did the route, and I don't remember seeing the anchors.
Wendy
22-Mar-2013
2:02:13 PM
On 22/03/2013 chalkischeap wrote:
>They are definitely lower offs for Birdman. They were there in October.

Where are they? At the top of the layaway before the traverse left? After the one hardish move on the traverse?
Wendy
22-Mar-2013
2:04:34 PM

Can you point it out on this?
kieranl
22-Mar-2013
2:12:58 PM
On 22/03/2013 Wendy wrote:
>I just sent a (polite!) email to the guy who recently uploaded all those
>vids of the slackline in question.
>
Thanks Wendy
One Day Hero
22-Mar-2013
2:14:22 PM
From memory, I would guess they're in that right facing V formed by the intersection of lines 2 and 5.

Just get some bloody glasses and go look for yourself!
chalkischeap
22-Mar-2013
2:17:11 PM
Layback up the corner, traverse left for 3 to 4m, reach easy ground, clip anchors and lower off. I guess its on the line of route number 2.
Wendy
22-Mar-2013
2:20:32 PM
On 22/03/2013 One Day Hero wrote:
>From memory, I would guess they're in that right facing V formed by the
>intersection of lines 2 and 5.
>
>Just get some bloody glasses and go look for yourself!

It's much easier just to procrastinate on my study by asking quesitons on here! Anyway, I have to go to work soon, so you'll be free of me.

Eduardo Slabofvic
22-Mar-2013
2:21:42 PM
I hate it when people name routes after themselves, it's so last century.
Wendy
22-Mar-2013
2:22:18 PM
More procrastination found that Ingvar and Gerry are probably responsible for the routes around Lawrence some 10 years ago. I can't suggest they look great. The first 2 pitches of Lawrence are probably the worst rock I've climbed at the mt.

kieranl
22-Mar-2013
2:35:22 PM
So that's left of Lawrence. Only a slight misdirection.
Also can't understand why Lawrence gets any stars. Those first pitches are a complete waste of space. Would be better to rap in.
Access T CliffCare
22-Mar-2013
2:52:01 PM
On 22/03/2013 kieranl wrote:
>So that's left of Lawrence. Only a slight misdirection.
>Also can't understand why Lawrence gets any stars. Those first pitches
>are a complete waste of space. Would be better to rap in.

Ah, Kieran - there's nothing like the feeling of dirt under your fingernails. And a shrub in your hand...

shortman
22-Mar-2013
3:01:42 PM
On 22/03/2013 kieranl wrote:
>Thanks Dan, wll do it tonight.
>
>And if all this wasn't depressing enough, went down the street at lunchtime
>and encountered the Horsham country "music" festival. As I came back to
>work someone was murdering "Who'll stop the rain".

This is making me shudder.

Page 3 of 6. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 114
There are 114 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints