ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 5 of 8. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 155
Author
Are they really Safer Cliffs?

nmonteith
1-Mar-2013
10:52:46 AM
Kuu has access - he is just having IT issues I think.

kuu
1-Mar-2013
11:20:50 AM
On 1/03/2013 nmonteith wrote:
>Kuu has access - he is just having IT issues I think.

Neil has assured me that I still have access rights to the Safer Cliffs Australia pages and I happily accept his word.

It could well be an IT problem as he suggests because when I attempt to access that area using the link on the Chockstone Home Page I get the following Bigpond response:
"Sorry! We could not find www.safercliffs.org"

It was only after Macizza posted he'd lost access that I checked to see if I was similarly affected.

Macciza
1-Mar-2013
11:27:10 AM
Thanks for the quick answer (to Kuu's question) . . .
I have received no real response - Does that imply that I don't have access?
The forum link simply denies me access - So am I 'just having IT issues'? . . .

IdratherbeclimbingM9
1-Mar-2013
11:31:22 AM
On 1/03/2013 Macciza wrote:
>Thanks for the quick answer (to Kuu's question) . . .
>I have received no real response - Does that imply that I don't have access?
>The link simply denies me access - So am I 'just having IT issues'? .
>. .
>
Noticed that and wondered about it too...

nmonteith
1-Mar-2013
11:43:20 AM
The Safer Coiffs website is offline (someone forget to pay the bills). Try clicking on the actual forums link to the safer cliffs section instead. That should work fine for you Kuu.

Macciza
1-Mar-2013
11:47:18 AM
On 1/03/2013 nmonteith wrote:
>The Safer Coiffs website is offline (someone forget to pay the bills).
>Try clicking on the actual forums link to the safer cliffs section instead.
>That should work fine for you Kuu.

Thanks for that Neil - I was going to point out to Kuu that the frontpage link does not work . . .
And that he probably does still have access to the Forums as you pointed out earlier . ..
Glad we could get that sorted out for Kuu . . .
Thanks a lot . . .
hotgemini
1-Mar-2013
12:34:22 PM
On 1/03/2013 Macciza wrote:
>Glad we could get that sorted out for Kuu . . .
>Thanks a lot . . .

I'm trying to find a reference, but someone somewhere once said "The ultimate freedom is the being free to do what you want and in turn being free to live with the consequences"

-Adam.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
1-Mar-2013
12:50:39 PM
On 1/03/2013 hotgemini wrote:
>On 1/03/2013 Macciza wrote:
>>Glad we could get that sorted out for Kuu . . .
>>Thanks a lot . . .
>
>I'm trying to find a reference, but someone somewhere once said "The ultimate
>freedom is the being free to do what you want and in turn being free to
>live with the consequences"
>
>-Adam.

?
I might be missing something here, but are you suggesting that perhaps because M and nm may have differing ideologies when it comes to acceptable route bolting, that a possible consequence is exclusion from presenting the differing points of view on SC's?
If that is the case, then SC's is the poorer for it, ... ~> and by default, I can see the popularity of DC's increasing!

Macciza
1-Mar-2013
12:55:10 PM
@HotGemini -Ahh, right, ok, ummm . . .

Apropos ?? The non-working web link? Safer cliffs? Forum admin?
Profligate sport bolting? De-bolting? Trad climbing?

Someone also once said ' Just cause someone 'once said' it, it don't make it true . . . '

MM

kuu
1-Mar-2013
1:50:27 PM
On 1/03/2013 One Day Hero wrote:
>It's a shame that you can't participate any more Kuu, seeing as the other
>big initiative of Safer Cliffs (once Shai Halud has been glued together)
>is to bulldoze Linfield. You know, too high for bouldering, too short for
>routes.......safest solution is to just get rid of the stupid little thing
>;)

ODH, you are a Naughty Person, as everyone on Chockstone knows.

However, the bulldozing you suggest may be a problem given that Ku-ring-gai Council has declared Lindfield Rocks (and Wahroonga Rocks) a Designated Climbing (& Abseiling) Area.

Macciza
3-Mar-2013
10:25:26 AM
Hnm
It seems you are a Noughty boy too, and everyone on Chockstone now knows .. .

* Sent another PM as you must have missed the earlier ones . . .
dalai
4-Mar-2013
1:17:42 PM
Personally I find this a little sad. The whole idea of the login to Safer Cliffs was to restrict it to known people and not restricting users on the basis of differing opinions or clashing egos...

I don't always agree with what Macciza says, but not having his and other peoples opinions included in that area of the forum is wrong IMO.

Sabu
4-Mar-2013
2:10:43 PM
I find this whole thread sad to be honest. Just had another read and the attitude from a number of people who used this thread to sink the boot in is pretty disappointing.

Miguel75
4-Mar-2013
2:27:55 PM
On 4/03/2013 Sabu wrote:
>I find this whole thread sad to be honest. Just had another read and the
>attitude from a number of people who used this thread to sink the boot
>in is pretty disappointing.

Any way we could get unequivocal confirmation from NM or Hotgemini that Macciza has been booted from SCA due to differences of opinion?

Macciza
4-Mar-2013
8:56:18 PM
Yeah I agree,
Thanks for the support guys . . .

I am pretty sure/hopeful that I will get a response soon enough . . .

Could someone 'cut and paste' and send me the SCA 'twisted ring' discussion as well it would be great . . .

Cheers MM
chalkischeap
5-Mar-2013
7:01:17 AM
The twisted ring discussion has about a dozen responses all discussing technical merits, no distractions.

Super strong, don't need recessing, thin looking at 6mm, might wear quickly, prone to flexing and damaging surface rock - looks bad. Maybe go with thicker steel.

Macciza
5-Mar-2013
12:24:41 PM
On 25/02/2013 nmonteith wrote:
>Me

Hi Neil

I do not seem to be able to access the Safer Cliffs section of the Chockstone Forums anymore??
Any idea what the problem is? Can you re-instate access please?

Cheers
MM

P.S. I previously had access but that seems to have changed since XMas . . .
Have I been removed from the group membership for some reason?
Sonny Pearson
5-Mar-2013
12:55:21 PM
Hey Mac
Like take a chill pill dude - I just registered and I can't access it either . . .
Maybe there just having tech issues like the dude said earlier . . .
L8r
kieranl
5-Mar-2013
1:07:14 PM
If you've just registered you probably have to wait for Neil to do whatever he does. I just checked the Safer Cliffs site (www.safercliffs.org) and it is certainly accessible now. So currently no technical issues.
Neil, is there any reason why macciza can't access the safer cliffs forum. Given that he's hardly an anonymous user and the rationale for it being for registered members only is to make sure we know who is accessing and commenting, there hardly seems any justification for him no longer having access.
I may not share his opinions always but he certainly challenges my thinking. And as they say, I'd rather have him on the inside of the tent...
dalai
5-Mar-2013
1:19:38 PM
On 5/03/2013 Sonny Pearson wrote:
>Hey Mac
>Like take a chill pill dude - I just registered and I can't access it
>either . . .
>Maybe there just having tech issues like the dude said earlier . . .
>L8r

You don't automatically get access SP. Macciza was a member and looks like a clash of personalities with Niel has meant Macciza had had his access revoked...

Page 5 of 8. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 155
There are 155 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints