Are those mattresses on your back?

ChuckNorris
20-Dec-2012
11:08:52 PM
On 20/12/2012 tinman wrote:
>Are those mattresses on your back?
>
>

the thread clearly says 'what people don't know about CLIMBING', not bouldering.

Start your own thread like "What boulderers don't know...." if you are curious about mattresses.
Hangdogger
21-Dec-2012
12:29:07 AM
Climbing is not joke - it's serious shit.... don't be casual...don't be blaarzey....don't lose concentration...don't lose your head...basically unless you are a Zen monk you're screwed..

shortman
21-Dec-2012
6:50:40 AM
On 21/12/2012 Hangdogger wrote:
>Climbing is not joke - it's serious shit.... don't be casual...don't be
>blaarzey....don't lose concentration...don't lose your head...basically
>unless you are a Zen monk you're screwed.

Are u saying that people don't know that unless your a zen monk you're screwed? I don't get it?

skegly
21-Dec-2012
7:06:54 AM
some of us have crack habits.

also if I bring home a slab my wife often hits the roof.
widewetandslippery
21-Dec-2012
7:42:00 AM
What people did not know is that on sunday I am going to make the fiirst ascent of the Pagoda of Death in the poorest of style possible. I am prepared for my nutsack to become an iny not an outy. And all this trepidation is at its best pointless as the end of time is nigh.

rodw
21-Dec-2012
9:09:37 AM
Ya doing it without chalk as well?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
21-Dec-2012
9:28:31 AM
On 21/12/2012 widewetandslippery wrote:
>What people did not know is that on sunday I am going to make the fiirst
>ascent of the Pagoda of Death in the poorest of style possible. I am prepared
>for my nutsack to become an iny not an outy. And all this trepidation is
>at its best pointless as the end of time is nigh.

What a way to go! Think of the glory of doing the Pagoda of Death on the day the Mayan calendar reckons the end of the world is happening. Imagine the accolades that will be forthcoming on Chockstone from the cognoscenti...
Oh, wait a bit, isn't the world ending on Saturday, but you are going on Sunday right?
~> In which case, how are you intending to write it up?
Heh, heh, heh.

Eduardo Slabofvic
21-Dec-2012
10:41:18 AM
My diary calendar runs out in 10 days, so I guess that mean that it's either the end of the world, or I go and buy another diary calendar.
gfdonc
21-Dec-2012
10:57:35 AM
Yeah but the Mayans didn't invent the wheel, so the concept of 'rolling over' the calendar probably never occurred to them either.

Duang Daunk
21-Dec-2012
11:00:30 AM
On 20/12/2012 stugang wrote:
>On 20/12/2012 tinman wrote:
>>Are those mattresses on your back?
>>
>>
>
>the thread clearly says 'what people don't know about CLIMBING', not bouldering.
>
>Start your own thread like "What boulderers don't know...." if you are
>curious about mattresses.

Would that be a small thread, or a big thread stuie?
I imagine it's hard to know what to write if you don't know about something, but that has never stopped people sharing ignorance here before.
kieranl
21-Dec-2012
12:03:28 PM
On 20/12/2012 stugang wrote:
>Start your own thread like "What boulderers don't know...."
Is the internet big enough?
Hangdogger
21-Dec-2012
1:58:04 PM
On 21/12/2012 shortman wrote:
>On 21/12/2012 Hangdogger wrote:
>>Climbing is not joke - it's serious shit.... don't be casual...don't
>be
>>blaarzey....don't lose concentration...don't lose your head...basically
>>unless you are a Zen monk you're screwed.
>
>Are u saying that people don't know that unless your a zen monk you're
>screwed? I don't get it?

Yep....normal humans think they can start rock climbing ....not realising that really they need to be a Zen monk/ autistic/ asbergers/ OCD monkey to actually succeed at it....
paul
21-Dec-2012
3:01:18 PM
"I am into climbing too, can you do the red one?". rock climbing is done on rocks not plastic.

"why do they have that little bag with flower in it to put on their hands?"

and my all time favourite comes from some guy who brought a group of students studying risk assessment to the cliff hanger climbing gym.

"As you can see the only thing stopping them from falling is a piece of cord 3/8 of an inch thick relying entirely on the strength of the person bellow to hold them, & and the ropes would only hold about 200kg. The person on the ground could easily get rope burn"

ajfclark
21-Dec-2012
4:38:51 PM
I wouldn't want to rely only on a person's bellow to hold me...
daave
21-Dec-2012
5:47:09 PM
A climber's grasp of the english language is generally worse than that of a given population...

^^
climberman
24-Dec-2012
6:43:17 PM
High does not automatically mean hard.

ninjason
25-Dec-2012
12:03:02 PM
"What happens if you fall?"
Paul
25-Dec-2012
12:05:01 PM
Peging out about 20 guy ropes on your alpine mountaineering tent is necessary to stop it from blowing over in the pines campground. Anoying flappy noisy tarps will help you climb harder. Cars which beep every time you lock the central locking will be well recieved after the hours of daylight in the pines. The purpose of a slack line is to trip over drunk climbers and prevent other tents from being set up next to you.

shortman
25-Dec-2012
12:38:12 PM
Cheer up ya grumpy bum. Start a thread called sensitive pricks at arapiles and u can all whinge together.

Page 2 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 41
There are 41 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints