General Climbing Discussion

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 28
Author
Life insurance that covers climbing/mountaineering
Winston Smith
14-Sep-2012
10:13:55 AM
Hi all,

Has anyone fund a life insurance/accidental death policy in Australia that includes "outdoor rock climbing" and "mountaineering below 6000m"?

I'm not talking travel insurance but ongoing life insurance.

At the moment the only thing I have that covers death is a superannuation death benefit.

rodw
14-Sep-2012
10:22:45 AM
Mine does except its Mountaineering below 4000m...I just declared it on the application and they rang up and clarified over the phone and it was a done deal..no increase on premium either.

I'll pm you the broker I used.
Jayford4321
14-Sep-2012
10:29:44 AM
On 14/09/2012 Winston Smith wrote:
>At the moment the only thing I have that covers death is a superannuation
>death benefit.
>
and a caring and compassionate chocky audience to craft your requiem obituary.
Winston Smith
14-Sep-2012
10:33:01 AM
On 14/09/2012 stugang. wrote:
>On 14/09/2012 Winston Smith wrote:
>>At the moment the only thing I have that covers death is a superannuation
>>death benefit.
>>
>and a caring and compassionate chocky audience to craft your requiem obituary.

Thanks Rod for the info.
Thanks stugang for the love.

Groveller
14-Sep-2012
12:05:01 PM
Roughly how much per year, or is it rude to ask?

rodw
14-Sep-2012
12:48:54 PM
Id tell ya but I do not know...the wife deals with that but it wasn't that bad and is dependent on how much your insuring yourself for.
widewetandslippery
14-Sep-2012
1:32:09 PM
Obviously she under insured you otherwise she wouldn't worry so much;)

ajfclark
14-Sep-2012
2:58:59 PM
Give James from Make A Difference a call: http://www.vicclimb.org.au/index.php?location=insurance

Pat
14-Sep-2012
4:27:53 PM
I have insurance for death through my super that covers everything, but my permanent disability/ incapacity insurance has climbing as an exclusion.
J.C.
14-Sep-2012
4:32:53 PM
I've had trouble getting anyone to cover me (incl BASE jumping), simply because the companies I've found who will insure me are not Aussie based and some new trade law prevents them from covering Australians!! Anyone else run into this?

Pat
14-Sep-2012
5:00:26 PM
Haven't heard of this, but do you think that your problem with getting cover for BASE jumping is because of a trade law?
J.C.
14-Sep-2012
5:18:49 PM
Yes, it is the only reason I cannot get coverage with a couple different companies. Currently the only insurance I have found covers me for legal jumps up to $10k medical plus rescue, which is fine for a broken arm but not going to cut the mustard for anything serious!
widewetandslippery
14-Sep-2012
6:33:10 PM
Josh if I worked for an insurance company I would not insure you.
J.C.
14-Sep-2012
7:47:28 PM
Dave, if I worked as a gigalo I'd do you for free
widewetandslippery
14-Sep-2012
8:12:04 PM
I WAS enjoying my night at jerusalem bay killing fish until that Josh
J.C.
14-Sep-2012
8:24:47 PM
Haha that'll haunt you for many a cold winters night I'm sure! Get off the interweb and enjoy your fish!

IdratherbeclimbingM9
14-Sep-2012
8:48:17 PM
On 14/09/2012 widewetandslippery wrote:
>I WAS enjoying my night at jerusalem bay killing fish until that Josh

If you are spotlighting them with your headtorch out of your inflatable, then be careful that you don't become the 'killed' one, as sharks like easily found burley!
widewetandslippery
14-Sep-2012
9:41:52 PM
Bream is the next meal.

M9 I can certainly say them noahs give me the creeps. Especially on a moonless nighjt like tonight. Every bloody jumping mullet becomes jaws
widewetandslippery
14-Sep-2012
9:51:48 PM
btw if I got life insurance would it stop me freezing my ring off?
Glen
17-Sep-2012
12:37:21 PM
I have used VCC insurance deal (James) and can highly recommend. Still not covered for all aspects of climbing but got more climbing-related cover than I had before and at a lower cost per year. He has also helped family members who had trouble getting decent life insurance due to family history. No hard sell and would be worth talking to.

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 28
There are 28 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints