No, I can live without it. 9
23% 

Page 2 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 58
Author
10 th year ~ Chockstone Gathering?
widewetandslippery
30-Apr-2012
10:30:46 PM
rod, ww, I was going to send them all to nangar buy"mistake"......

Eugowra sux but it does have a good servo.
widewetandslippery
30-Apr-2012
10:41:30 PM
Note rod w pics are from tarana.

Climbau
1-May-2012
7:18:33 AM
Mexican day - Henry Barber Appreciation Day. Everyone dresses in flat caps and painters pants/coveralls.
NSW day - Hans Florine Appreciation Day. Everyone wearing lycra with sunnies, fake tans and bizniss 'tude.
widewetandslippery
1-May-2012
9:47:36 AM
Why are you lot so afraid of going to a new crag?

How about the Black Range and davidn can show us his E10 (sorry V4) skills.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
1-May-2012
12:08:35 PM
On 30/04/2012 benjenga wrote:
>On 30/04/2012 dangermouth wrote:
>>Altitude deli, 8.30 am .
>
>I am in.
>It's looking like there may have to be a nsw AND and Vic party.

That could certainly work, as the majority makeup of Chocky members is quite diverse and spread mostly in those two States.
It lends itself to becoming a collector of memorabilia re attendance badge/Tshirt/beer-holder/etc, extravaganza; and I can see a conversation in a further 10 years time happening like;
"Way back then, you only attended the Vic 10th anniversary? You missed out mate! Look what I got when I attended the NSW one!"
Heh, heh, heh

The number who would attend is encouraging, though it would be interesting to see which State event they would prefer!

Re the Queens Birthday long w/end VCC trip to Araps and ww&s's comment;
>that inferes total conflict.

~> I tend to agree, even though the date is close to the 10th anniversary, as I think the occasion worth celebrating in it's own right, and that weekend is usually busy with other events that others may already be pre-committed to.

Additionally from previous experience with Chockstone Gatherings, they had the best participation rate when they were run during spring (pleasant weather), rather than winter or summer; ... perhaps simply a reflection / a good excuse to get out and about, after the confines of winter?

BlankSlab
1-May-2012
1:21:14 PM
Ide be in if there is something happening in NSW but if not ide would have to see about heading to Vic.
widewetandslippery
1-May-2012
1:52:34 PM
The Mayors place Grenfell, boost local economy.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
1-May-2012
2:19:40 PM
On 30/04/2012 widewetandslippery wrote:
>Note rod w pics are from tarana.

Hmm.
Foreezaintrigueingposter (and up to 3,000 posts now, with the above one), anallthatstuff!
~> congrats WW&S in attaining that eclectic-post-style milestone!

In reference to Eugowra WW&S isn't sandbagging. It does actually have bouldering potential that I would describe as being in the 'adventure' category, due not particularly easy access to the better portions, though when I asked landowners for permission to access they were quite obliging.

There is some bigger stuff too, eg a house size boulder located quite near town there, that I aid ascended with a mate via a spiral-circumferential (rising-traverse!) crack, back in the early 90's, at about M3 for grade. It would probably go at grade V(ottever)E(ven higher!) in todays chocky-gritjargon heh, heh, heh.…

I would be prepared to travel to attend a NSW Chocky Gathering if it wasn't held at the same time as a Vic one, though I wouldn't describe Eugowra as "border-ish" for location, due it being close to 5 hrs north of the border by my reckoning!
The distance doesn't worry me, but I'd prefer a location with good camping (if I have to travel that far), reasonably close to known climbing options.

PS The rodw pic looks typically Eugowra-ish to me and not the right colour of granite for Tarana…

rodw
1-May-2012
2:23:40 PM
It is Eugowra and it came from this site

http://www.orange-nsw.com/Eugowra.html
widewetandslippery
1-May-2012
2:33:45 PM
Even the local council sees the potential!

From memory there is a campground between the 2 pubs.

The main ridge up from the pub is crown land to my knowledge.

Ambush Rock down the road (read your Ben Hall history) looks good to.

widewetandslippery
1-May-2012
2:38:48 PM
M9 you on pensioner speed now?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
1-May-2012
2:38:51 PM
On 1/05/2012 rodw wrote:
>It is Eugowra and it came from this site
>
>http://www.orange-nsw.com/Eugowra.html

I'd bet money that the pic is of an outcrop just off the foot-track leading uphill from the west end of Norton St, as it does look quite familiar. What also confirms my suspicions is that a couple of the other pics on that site are of the view from the top of that hill.
The other pic titled 'Around Eugowra' (image 14), showing a hillside covered with boulders is just west of town and is looking north/northeast from the Forbes Rd to the same hilltop.
I have checked out most of it on foot, but nothing particularly excited me as I am not a boulderer (per se), and instead, was looking for suitable stuff to take beginner climbers too.

Post edit:
Although there is camping to be had at Eugowra, I don't reckon that it is a suitable venue for a Chockstone Gathering due lack of 'known' climbs, and not having an informal atmosphere, ... especially if a reasonable amount of people attend. I think it lends itself to being a better bouldering adventure if done by a small group!

>M9 you on pensioner speed now?

~> Nearly!

2nd Post edit:
In the future Duncan writes;
>He's a bikie, he gets the good stuff.

Yep, that kind of speed will clear the sinuses, ... unless you cop a grasshopper (or bigger), between the eyes if using an open face helmet!
Duncan
1-May-2012
3:04:53 PM
On 1/05/2012 widewetandslippery wrote:
>M9 you on pensioner speed now?

He's a bikie, he gets the good stuff.

BoulderBaby
1-May-2012
4:51:05 PM
I'd be keen for say, an evening in melbourne...

Damn being a student and not having time to get away!

rodw
1-May-2012
5:51:30 PM
Wingello it is then...ODH will be the guide, he loves the place

salty crag
1-May-2012
6:58:57 PM
>It lends itself to becoming a collector of memorabilia re attendance badge/Tshirt/beer-holder/etc, extravaganza; and I can see a conversation in a further 10 years time happening like; >"Way back then, you only attended the Vic 10th anniversary? You missed out mate! Look what I got when I attended the NSW one!"

Got any ideas for a T shirt slogan M9?

widewetandslippery
1-May-2012
7:30:01 PM
red rocks act. By june ww and I should have popackrafts and turranong dan murphys is the perfect start point
White Trash
1-May-2012
8:26:00 PM
On 1/05/2012 widewetandslippery wrote:
>red rocks act. By june ww and I should have popackrafts and turranong dan
>murphys is the perfect start point

anywhere in ACT sounds good to me. wingello to but only if there are some easiery routes to do.
Duncan
1-May-2012
8:44:42 PM
On 1/05/2012 BoulderBaby wrote:
>Damn being a student and not having time to get away!

You're doing it wrong.

wallwombat
1-May-2012
9:22:41 PM
On 1/05/2012 White Trash wrote:

>,,......... wingello to but only if there are some
>easiery routes to do.

Heaps of easy stuff.

Just look for anything climbed by D. Filan or R. Wills.

It's guaranteed to be soft.

Page 2 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 58
There are 58 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints