ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 8 of 9. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 160 | 161 to 170
Author
tyrolean traverse

shortman
5-Dec-2011
12:13:33 PM
Good on ya clinton, was thinking about u on the weekend. What device did u end up buying?

Miguel75
5-Dec-2011
1:49:48 PM
Well done Clinton, keep the dream alive and don't forget more pics and traverse updates.

cruze
5-Dec-2011
3:11:24 PM
On 5/12/2011 davidn wrote:
>Do you need a certificate to swim too?

Even individuals with millions of hours of chimney access work have difficulties abseilling.

"I can feel the magic"..."C'mon kids sing louder!"

http://youtu.be/s9Qg39Fvg1c

Hendo
5-Dec-2011
3:59:23 PM
On 5/12/2011 cruze wrote:
>On 5/12/2011 davidn wrote:
>>Do you need a certificate to swim too?
>
>Even individuals with millions of hours of chimney access work have difficulties
>abseilling.
>
>"I can feel the magic"..."C'mon kids sing louder!"
>
>http://youtu.be/s9Qg39Fvg1c

I wish they had a microphone on santa
kieranl
5-Dec-2011
4:17:03 PM
>Do you need a certificate to swim too?
There have been swimming certificates around for donkey's years. Even I used to have some for failing to drown myself in Wycheproof's 25 metre pool.
Olbert
5-Dec-2011
8:18:14 PM
>Yeah, I know they *have* certificates to swim, but would you want to have
>one before you went in the pool by yourself?

If I had never been to the pool/beach/lake/dam before and I didn't have anybody to show me how to do it then yes. I would definitely want somebody certified to teach to certify me before I went in alone
One Day Hero
7-Dec-2011
12:06:45 AM
No, its just that you're a dick, and people don't like you, so they hang shit on you........aren't you used to it by now?
cjradloff76
8-Dec-2011
11:07:11 AM
the dates have been set for the meeting.

its the 4/1 or the 18/1 (5/1 or 19/1)

ive got extra slings and biners and sling tape and pulleys.

the traverse will take place sometime in feburary

cheers
White Trash
9-Dec-2011
8:47:44 PM
On 8/12/2011 cjradloff76 wrote:
>the dates have been set for the meeting.
>
>its the 4/1 or the 18/1 (5/1 or 19/1)

would be good if the helpers nail one of those.
>
>ive got extra slings and biners and sling tape and pulleys.

make sure you use them. dont let the helpers talk you out of it.
>
>the traverse will take place sometime in feburary
>
>cheers
post a trip repot even if the helpers do because would be good to get your opinion.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
12-Dec-2011
3:59:08 PM
On the subject of Trip Reports...
How did your abseiling course go Clinton?

shortman
12-Dec-2011
4:19:44 PM
On 5/12/2011 cjradloff76 wrote:
>looks like everyone is ready. well i am. i did my abseiling at KP on saturday
>and it has been a rousing success. there where teething issues but i got
>over them.
>
>now the next step. they ran out of time doing the assessment so ive got
>my rigging pass but i cant abseil yet because i dont have my certifcate.
>now the next step. get the nesseray gear for the traverse line and do
>my abseiling.
>more pictures to come.

C'mon M9, I thought u had your finger on the pulse?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
12-Dec-2011
9:22:46 PM
C'mon shortman, that's hardly a Trip Report!
I want to hear about the butterflies in the stomach, the overcoming of fear, the sexy instructors, the abseil device Clinton eventually decided to buy, and why he chose shorts instead of trakkydaks! (ww&s is bereft of a peer in the ragtrade tradclothinggame now! Heh, heh, heh.)

... ~> and if that is a taste of the dream-team trip report to come, then I will be looking for a refund of my popcorn!
;-)

shortman
13-Dec-2011
12:42:01 AM
Yeah, fair call. I was let down too. I reckon clinton didn't notice any of the girls or the butterflies, and was just engrossed in the world of his petzl stop handle. Clinton?
tariadamar
13-Dec-2011
12:48:16 PM

>>
all i can say is i wish some of the climbs i did had a nice grassy bottom like this.
dalai
13-Dec-2011
1:05:33 PM
On 13/12/2011 tariadamar wrote:
>all i can say is i wish some of the climbs i did had a nice grassy bottom
>like this.

At Kangaroo Point it is also lit up till midnight, has free electric BBQ's and belay bollards at the top!
tariadamar
13-Dec-2011
7:10:30 PM
but then again i hate going to a busy crag
cjradloff76
14-Dec-2011
11:49:53 AM
yeh i went really well. im hoping to be okay for thursday night social climbing. i had a inflamed knee last night. not really that bad now. i found another good site with plenty of height its just out of Rathdowney on the Lions Road. i cant upload the pictures because they are too large. you can camp there for free. it has a little bit of rock but i think i backs on to private land. a little flowing creek crossing. ill see if i can get any responses on qurank in relation to this area

http://queenslandclimbing.yuku.com/topic/6087

cjradloff76
15-Dec-2011
5:07:56 PM
im on straddie next wednesday night / thursday all day 22/23-12-2011. if anyone wants to scout out suitable anchors and put in feedback.

cheers
Steve Peckman
16-Dec-2011
4:17:21 PM
Dear Dream Team

I have spoken to Clinton and have arranged to go to Stradbroke Island to look at his gorge and the feasibility for constructing a Tyrolean there for him to use. If you are free and interested in making the journey to Brisbane to help and maybe stop in at frog? Then please put forward some dates in February that work for you.

PM me dates that work for you.

Steve.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
16-Dec-2011
4:23:10 PM
On 16/12/2011 Steve Peckman wrote:
>Dear Dream Team
(snip)
>Then please put forward some dates in February that work for you.
>
Page 7 of this thread contains a number of posts from dream-team members that prefer ~> date Feb 25/26 ...

;-)

Page 8 of 9. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 160 | 161 to 170
There are 170 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints