Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Chockstone Feedback

Provide Feedback About This Website

Author
Efficiency and Bandwidth wastage
deadpoint
8-Sep-2004
7:19:11 PM
Just had a thought, whenever you click on a Topic, it always displays the 1st page, I then click on the last page button invariably. Maybe the default should be the last page???
dalai
8-Sep-2004
7:49:10 PM
Good idea deadpoint. Though there is the >| (goto last page) for each topic heading with multiple pages which does the same just manually.
deadpoint
9-Sep-2004
10:22:50 AM
Just seems like a waste of time having to click on something when the forum could do it for us and not waste bandwidth and $$$$ sending the first page each time you enter a forum.

Mike
9-Sep-2004
10:46:19 AM
A fair bit of discussion went into this back when it was being developed last year, see:
http://www.chockstone.org/Forum/Forum.asp?Action=DisplayTopic&ForumID=9&MessageID=125&Replies=16

The net result was that, like Dalai said, use the ">|" button beside the topic heading to go to the last page of a multi page topic. If you are logged in, this will also move you to the lastest unread reply (assuming it's on the last page). You do NOT need to open the first page of the topic if you do not want to, however, this needs to be the default behaviour otherwise people new to the topic will get lost if they are forced to start at the end.

On 9/09/2004 deadpoint wrote:
>Just seems like a waste of time ...and not waste bandwidth and $$$$

Try the ">|" link. It doesn't cost time, bandwidth or $$$ to move your mouse 2cm to the right. :-)
deadpoint
9-Sep-2004
1:12:36 PM
Thanks Mike, it was not obvious that the >| at the end was part of the link, now that I know this I will use it.

Can you track if the Forum Caption or >| link is being used the most, I would be interested to know.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
9-Sep-2004
1:21:53 PM
I always use the >l.

Different slant; ... its only (very) recently that I have started looking at the main page of this Site again, as my 'favourites' link drops me at the Forum instead (since this is where I originally saved it from).
I have discovered these subtleties in usage have consequences !
(Like not finding and utilising certain features, latest news etc.).

There are 6 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints