Chockstone Forum - Chockstone Feedback

Provide Feedback About This Website

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 26
Author
Why have a forum?
mothrfckr
22-May-2012
9:40:52 AM
So I have been readin this site for some time. I lurk a few others as well, qurank.com
is a good other example. Chalk and cheese, honestly. The bollocks you read here vs
qurank.com just makes that one look way better.

I got more learning in 3 minutes reading one of the articles here than I learned in
all the time ive been looking at the forum. Imagine you were an area manager reading this, youd think all climbers are a bunch of immature twats and couldnt be trusted to do anything right. "what, bolt on my land? can you even drive yet?"

Why have a forum at all? You could lock it down and no one would miss anything but a
few trip reports. Rest is just a bunch of people having a jolly old time slagging absolutely everything and everyone, not to mention giving new climbers a friggin hard time.

My time coaching soccer showed me you get one started (prick of a kid who always used to mouth off and his parents always made excuses for him) then everyone has a go. Ooh, lookie here he can swear and he dont get a backhander, i might give it a shot! Best forums are those run like a house. Like, if you want to be a prick in my house you can just get out. i sure am not perfect, but like i said one person does it, then monkey see monkey do. Toss me in the trash with the other twats.

Crystal ball sez there'll be some hand-wringing responses, a few self-justifying
ones, a few 'but what can we doooo??' posts, perhaps a pointless poll and maybe even a few replies suggesting that it would all be fine if we just sing songs, hold hands
and think really hard at the people who are being berks to be nicer. Bollocks. dont
get me wrong, nothing sucks more than having to manage behaviour when your a volunteer, but this place sucks.

By the way, why cant people delete themslves on this forum? Might help. Actually, why cant people delete other people on this forum? thatd really help.

Climboholic
22-May-2012
11:14:47 AM
On 22/05/2012 mothrfckr wrote:
>Blah, blah... (I'm paraphrasing here)
>By the way, why cant people delete themslves on this forum? Might help.
> Actually, why cant people delete other people on this forum? thatd really
>help.

mothrfckr, your name alone makes your comments hypocritical.

+1 vote of the island

Dane
22-May-2012
11:58:31 AM
+ 1 vote off

And because we enjoy it, it's entertaining and a good way to pass the week before you can get on the rock again.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
22-May-2012
12:05:12 PM
>why cant people delete other people on this forum? thatd really help.

If you want to improve your reading experience on Chockstone mothr, why not use the 'hide posts' function for the inmates that you don't like?

>I lurk a few others as well, qurank.com is a good other example. Chalk and cheese, honestly. The bollocks you read here vs qurank.com just makes that one look way better.

You are free to keep putting up with the advertisements on that site to read a lesser total post count per (insert your nominated time period), compared to Chocky; however from what I have seen, BOTH sites wax and wane regarding their 'signal to noise' ratio...

Climboholic
22-May-2012
12:27:32 PM
...not to mention your post mothrfckr.
mothrfckr
22-May-2012
12:30:02 PM
Actually this could be interesting. When do I hit the magic number and get deletd?
mothrfckr
22-May-2012
12:32:04 PM
and how do i find out how many people voted me off...

IdratherbeclimbingM9
22-May-2012
12:37:29 PM
>and how do i find out how many people voted me off...

Look at the bottom of your profile page.
~> There is a click-on-icon labled 'profile' on the top of most Forum pages while you are viewing those pages...
mothrfckr
22-May-2012
12:39:06 PM
On 22/05/2012 Climboholic wrote:
>...not to mention your post mothrfckr.

irony, lost on the young

I can get along with you but can you get along with me and everyone else young fella?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
22-May-2012
12:44:30 PM
>On 22/05/2012 Climboholic wrote:
>>...not to mention your post mothrfckr.
>
>irony, lost on the young
>
>I can get along with you but can you get along with me and everyone else
>young fella?

My guess is he was referring to the link I gave, where I used your profile by clicking on your user-ID to get to it...

Post edit: I get it now (I am slow today); it is all about mothr's deletion comments...
;-)
widewetandslippery
22-May-2012
12:46:11 PM
I thought sport was about slagging other people off.

Climboholic
22-May-2012
12:51:43 PM
>On 22/05/2012 Climboholic wrote:
>>...not to mention your post mothrfckr.
>
>irony, lost on the young
>
>I can get along with you but can you get along with me and everyone else
>young fella?

Not lost on me at all old timer. Just continuing the irony by helping you delete your profile, since most 92 year olds aren't very computer literate.

marcusfromhamilton
31-Jul-2012
11:54:21 AM

> not to mention giving new
>climbers a friggin hard time.

I'm new to climbing and the people here couldn't have been more helpful!

>a bunch of immature twats

But I guess I'm also young so my comment holds no validity.
martym
31-Jul-2012
1:50:20 PM
Cause despite all the crap; you can find out about new areas, additions & upgraded routes. Plus get good karma by helping out the occasional newby.
UK climbing is my favourite site for info - but alas, most of it there doesn't apply here.
spicelab
31-Jul-2012
2:42:31 PM
Just saw this thread for the first time.

The utter lack of self-awareness shown by the OP is breathtaking.
rightarmbad
31-Jul-2012
6:32:07 PM
On 22/05/2012 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>On 22/05/2012 mothrfckr wrote:
>>why cant people delete other people on this forum? thatd really help.
>
>
>If you want to improve your reading experience on Chockstone mothr, why
>not use the 'hide posts' function for the inmates that you don't like?
>
>On 22/05/2012 mothrfckr wrote:
>>I lurk a few others as well, qurank.com is a good other example. Chalk
>and cheese, honestly. The bollocks you read here vs qurank.com just makes
>that one look way better.
>
>You are free to keep putting up with the advertisements on that site to
>read a lesser total post count per (insert your nominated time period),
>compared to Chocky; however from what I have seen, BOTH sites wax and wane
>regarding their 'signal to noise' ratio...

No adds if you are a member........

IdratherbeclimbingM9
31-Jul-2012
6:52:37 PM
On 31/07/2012 rightarmbad wrote:
>On 22/05/2012 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>>You are free to keep putting up with the advertisements on that site
>to read a lesser total post count per (insert your nominated time period),
>>compared to Chocky; however from what I have seen, BOTH sites wax and
>wane regarding their 'signal to noise' ratio...
>
>
>
>No adds if you are a member........

True.
I log in there (infrequently) under an old user-ID, because the adds annoy me greatly.

~> It still stuns me regarding the lack of posting on that site compared to Chocky, and I have also noticed on the odd occasion that the 'bitchyness' on that site far exceeds that which is allowed on Chocky...

It makes for interesting reading but not riveting reading(!), and I'd suggest that the amount of Qld'rs who frequent Chocky (like yourself!), do so for a reason?
;-)
rightarmbad
1-Aug-2012
12:43:21 AM
I only come down here for ODH and the like.
Keeps me endlessly entertained.

All small communities are bitchy and cliquey, just like every other small town.
You're either with the 'in' mob or there must be something wrong with you.

God I'd love some of the wise arse folks down here to come up and stir some shit.
White Trash
1-Aug-2012
7:57:35 PM
Why have a forum?

Because it is good to compare views with other climbers.

mattjr
1-Aug-2012
9:13:03 PM
Perhaps one of the moderators could help you delete yourself(permanently)?

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 26
There are 26 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints