Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Skinny rope recommendations?
technogeekery
26-Jul-2016
5:25:41 PM
I'm after a new skinny rope - single/double/twin rated - to replace my Sterling Nano 9.2

Loved the Nano, and used it extensively with a half rope when climbing with 2 ropes, and often as a single when I wanted a light rope. Great hand, didn't misbehave, nice to knot - just a damn nice rope, and got 5 years of admittedly quite light use out of it. I'd buy the new even skinnier version (Nano IX) in a flash but looks like they are about $375 for 60m, and that seems incredibly expensive.

Best deal I could find on a triple rated skinny rope in Aus was $265 for a Mammut Finesse 9.3. Anybody used this rope and got comments? Any other recommendations that won't require a second mortgage?
Wendy
26-Jul-2016
11:33:00 PM
I've had a beal joker and mammut serenity. Admittedly i got the Beal from from Crux and the serenity in the states so I don't know how much they cost here, but they were both great ropes and got a goodly amount of use out of both. I would have bought either again but found a different mammut 9.2 on sale (also in the states). In general, I don't think you can go wrong with a mammut - i've climbed on them a lot over the years and the only complaint i've ever made was that the original supersafe became a wire cable.
technogeekery
28-Jul-2016
8:48:52 AM
Great, thanks
GriZZly
29-Jul-2016
8:54:17 AM
Hi,

Check the forsale threads for the skinny ropes I've got for sale

Cheers
technogeekery
30-Jul-2016
11:39:10 AM
I bought the Finesse - absolute bargain at $150 from Mountain Designs in Sydney
Grizzly
30-Jul-2016
1:17:42 PM
Shit at that price id buy one too!

Was it a one off special? As i couldnt find that pricing online?
technogeekery
31-Jul-2016
5:56:06 PM
Special price - they no longer have it on their website, but have one more in the shop as of Friday

There are 7 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints