Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop

Black Diamond: 10mm DYNEX: 60cm (24") Runner. (Open round sling) Great for making "extender" quick-draws. IMO   $10.00
28% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Slings at cherrys flake / cathedrals
Reluctant
23/02/2014
6:16:37 PM
I have left half a dozen slings hanging on a small bush at the ledge below black streak just to the right of cherrys flake. In a spot walkers would miss. If someone nice gets them I will pick them up. If someone less nice gets them - hope you lose your sex drive.
Enjoy.

Ben_E
23/02/2014
7:51:32 PM
On 23/02/2014 Reluctant wrote:
>If someone less nice
>gets them - hope you lose your sex drive.

Nah, if you were really nasty you'd hope that their partner loses their sex drive while they keep theirs.

Miguel75
23/02/2014
10:16:11 PM
On 23/02/2014 Ben_E wrote:
>On 23/02/2014 Reluctant wrote:
>>If someone less nice
>>gets them - hope you lose your sex drive.
>
>Nah, if you were really nasty you'd hope that their partner loses their
>sex drive while they keep theirs.

Are you suggesting they get married?
rolsen1
23/02/2014
10:21:59 PM
On 23/02/2014 Reluctant wrote:
>I have left half a dozen slings hanging on a small bush at the ledge below
>black streak just to the right of cherrys flake. In a spot walkers would
>miss. If someone nice gets them I will pick them up. If someone less nice
>gets them - hope you lose your sex drive.
>Enjoy.

Nothing to do with your slings, but how is the boneseed up there? How is easy is getting around the base of the climbs?

Ben_E
24/02/2014
7:05:37 AM
On 23/02/2014 Miguel75 wrote:

>Are you suggesting they get married?

Hm. I was referring to their regular sexual partner (should they have one) rather than their climbing partner, unless they are one and the same...

shortman
24/02/2014
7:51:23 AM
On 23/02/2014 rolsen1 wrote:
>
>Nothing to do with your slings, but how is the boneseed up there? How
>is easy is getting around the base of the climbs?

Not too bad...might leave a souvenir for a week or so....but they all come out eventually.
Reluctant
24/02/2014
9:14:17 PM
Sadly there appears to be some thistle problems as well.
Sugarloaf no problems.
Nth jawbones a bit at the base and the last 20m access. Even though this was recently cut back it is returning in spots.
Sth jawbones access sucks.

robbie
25/02/2014
11:09:29 AM
I was at the North Jawbones on Sunday. A track has been cut from Speigals Overhang area around to American Dream. Past this point it is jungle warfare and the prickle bush is vicious :-(
I recommend a whipper sniper to keep the trail open for those interested headed there.
Reluctant
25/02/2014
1:02:36 PM
What a miss robbie. Same time I was on sugarloaf with some pups. We're you there early when the plane flew very close to ridge?

shortman
25/02/2014
1:13:34 PM
On 25/02/2014 Reluctant wrote:
>What a miss robbie. Same time I was on sugarloaf with some pups. We're
>you there early when the plane flew very close to ridge?

Was it a glider??....those things are freaky out there...
Karl Bromelow
25/02/2014
3:06:18 PM
Hi Robbie, Hi Coxy,
Robbie, was it you that kindly stopped to see whether we were ok on the Little River road and later as the tow trucks swung leads with our crippled Subaru in Healesville? Thanks for your concern.
Coxy, I'm guessing you were the fella leading a couple on Cherry's Flake as I climbed with my missus and little boy on The Sugarloaf. Beaut day wasn't it?
It was nice to see other climbers out there. We rarely do despite it's reputation for popularity.
Cheers, Karl
Reluctant
25/02/2014
5:18:16 PM
Not a glider. Too low too close. Was about as high as the flake on cherrys. Wingtip was 5m from the big tree. I think that surprised the pilot as he came around the ridge.
Cause he adjusted his turn and up throttle.
Reluctant
25/02/2014
5:27:49 PM
Yes Karl that was me getting sunburnt waiting. What is it about that 2m traverse before the flake that makes climbers who can get up things way harder turn into statues.
Loved watching your ninja. Smart too. Enjoys cleaning but conveniently bypassed the huge cam and left it for mum. Hope to see you around.
Tell the wife not to get lost next time, all the yelling to find the way back was interrupting my sun baking, I mean belaying.
Karl Bromelow
26/02/2014
7:21:57 AM
Hi Coxy, I missed the descent myself a few years back and wandered off down the razorback looking for the right way. Mandy's done it many times since but had a bit of a blonde moment. I must admit to quite a few uncomfortable minutes thinking that we had made the headlines for all the wrong reasons and was quite relieved to see her wandering back up to the summit unscathed. I had even contemplated the chances of alien abduction. She had looked at the correct descent and called my name but got no reply and headed off North. I was probably nattering with Kai and didn't hear her. She needs to develop a bellow as loud as mine. Sorry for disturbing your peace! Karl

shortman
26/02/2014
7:56:42 AM
On 25/02/2014 Reluctant wrote:
>Not a glider. Too low too close. Was about as high as the flake on cherrys.
>Wingtip was 5m from the big tree. I think that surprised the pilot as he
>came around the ridge.
>Cause he adjusted his turn and up throttle.
>

Trippy.

shortman
26/02/2014
7:58:02 AM
On 25/02/2014 Reluctant wrote:
>What is it about that 2m
>traverse before the flake that makes climbers who can get up things way
>harder turn into statues.

I don't know. It must be the million footers to choose from...indecision? :)

robbie
26/02/2014
9:38:59 AM
No, not me Karl.
Karl Bromelow
26/02/2014
10:09:11 AM
Aah! I'm pretty sure the couple we met had been climbing on North Jawbone. Seems it was relatively busy on Sunday. Hope you had as good a day as we did (up until the CV joint failure that is). Cheers, Karl

There are 18 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints