Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Best gear shop
Alaskan
23-Oct-2013
8:11:18 AM
When we arrive we'll be driving from Melbourne and will need to get white gas and a few DMM offset nuts...where should we go?

shortman
23-Oct-2013
9:00:44 AM
Bogong in the city or the Wilderness Shop in Box Hill.
gfdonc
23-Oct-2013
9:13:48 AM
White gas is easy to get at any hardware store, often called or known as "Shellite".

Bogong is in the centre of the city and stocks DMM nuts.
Arapiles Mountain Shop in Natimuk is another option.

miguel75
23-Oct-2013
9:24:30 AM
Wouldn't it be cheaper to get them in the US before leaving? They run about AUS$100 out here compared to US$69 out there.
martym
23-Oct-2013
9:53:22 AM
On 23/10/2013 miguel75 wrote:
>Wouldn't it be cheaper to get them in the US before leaving? They run about
>AUS$100 out here compared to US$69 out there.

Second that, and a set of nuts isn't going to push your baggage allowance over the edge!

Leave your hat behind so you can get one of the true blue Australian Akubra's with Corks to keep the flies away. You'll need em.
Will_P
23-Oct-2013
11:40:09 AM
If you go to the Arapiles Mountain Shop, keep in mind that the attitude of the owner is not representative of customer service in this country in general. If you pretend he's doing it on purpose, or is some kind of method actor, it can be kinda funny.

shortman
23-Oct-2013
12:06:44 PM
On 23/10/2013 Will_P wrote:
>If you go to the Arapiles Mountain Shop, keep in mind that the attitude
>of the owner is not representative of customer service in this country
>in general. If you pretend he's doing it on purpose, or is some kind of
>method actor, it can be kinda funny.

Ha ha
gfdonc
23-Oct-2013
12:23:37 PM
On 23/10/2013 miguel75 wrote:
>Wouldn't it be cheaper to get them in the US before leaving? They run about
>AUS$100 out here compared to US$69 out there.

In my experience DMMs aren't stocked in most US shops, perhaps less so in Alaska.
Mike Bee
23-Oct-2013
5:41:53 PM
On 23/10/2013 Will_P wrote:
>If you go to the Arapiles Mountain Shop, keep in mind that the attitude
>of the owner is not representative of customer service in this country
>in general. If you pretend he's doing it on purpose, or is some kind of
>method actor, it can be kinda funny.

Thats funny.
I've found that Phil has improved markedly in the last couple of years. He'll actaully hold a conversation with you now, if you're spending money, of course.
Will_P
24-Oct-2013
12:14:34 PM
On 23/10/2013 Mike Bee wrote:
>He'll actaully hold a conversation with you now, if you're spending money,
>of course.

Y'know, I tried that, but maybe I didn't spend enough. And I wasn't really looking for a conversation, just a local's view on what the weather was likely to do. It's a bit of a shame, he's got some nice gear in there, but I'm not wild about being treated like sh*t when I'm spending money, so I'll buy elsewhere, even if it costs a bit more.
kieranl
24-Oct-2013
3:26:59 PM
On 23/10/2013 Alaskan wrote:
>When we arrive we'll be driving from Melbourne and will need to get white
>gas and a few DMM offset nuts...where should we go?
Are you staying in Melbourne overnight or planning to drive straight out from the airport? If you're planning on driving straight out, don't bother going into the city just for a few wires, pick them up in Natimuk. Phil (at the climbing shop) is OK.

pezz
24-Oct-2013
10:00:02 PM
just tell phil your a euro sport climber relocating to nati to practice some bolting, you'll get along just fine...

really, he isnt all that bad

E. Wells
24-Oct-2013
11:34:04 PM
he was totally friendly and talkative to me.....though I notice shoe resolers have the temperaments of glue sniffers sometimes

There are 13 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints