Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Set of 11 "Wallnuts" (1 to 11) NB NEW Anodized colours!!! New "lighter" version. Steve's favourite wired Nuts.  $169.00
15% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Edelrid Zap-O-Mat
pecheur
29/08/2012
1:05:42 PM
Outdoordeals has these on sale at the moment and a friend asked me about them (she's a lightweight).

Are they any good? I'm figuring they're unlikely to be great given they've been around a few years and I've never seen one.
egosan
29/08/2012
1:29:53 PM
Looking for information on the zap o mat, I came across this:

Check out the anchor at 4:04. I love the testing methodology. The user has some other videos about other uncommon devices.

Jim Titt
30/08/2012
4:35:53 AM
Itīs a rather unloved device, the first impression is flimsy plastic bits and this isnīt far wrong since I broke a demonstrator at a trade show. Itīs a variation on the TRE Sirius and in reality probably not as good or versatile. The stopping power is in between a plate and a grigri and roughly comparable to an HMS.
Never seen one in action here in Europe which considering I live 60 miles from their factory and know a number of their sponsored climbers might tell you something!
Just buy a Grigri like everyone else.
pecheur
30/08/2012
9:36:03 AM
Thanks all.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
31/08/2012
10:47:37 AM
On 29/08/2012 egosan wrote:
>Looking for information on the zap o mat, I came across this:
>
>Check out the anchor at 4:04. I love the testing methodology. The user
>has some other videos about other uncommon devices.
>

>>
Hiphophooray.
Yet another climber/poster achieves the milestone of 1,000 Chockstone posts with the one above!
Foreezajollygoodposteranallthatstuff!
~> It is good to see the number of milestone achievers increasing, as it is always good to have reason to celebrate.

>Check out the anchor at 4:04.
Not as much fun as building a matrix eh?

shortman
31/08/2012
11:03:15 AM
You missed Macciza's celebration recently M9....

IdratherbeclimbingM9
31/08/2012
12:14:42 PM
On 31/08/2012 shortman wrote:
>You missed Macciza's celebration recently M9....

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
~> My oversight in that respect has now been fixed!

Hmm.
The fact that you noticed is intrigueing*.
Are you a clandestine post stalker?# (... if such a thing exists?)?
Heh, heh, heh. ☺

(*/ # I am more simply intrigued by stats ~> so would be better described as a stat-stalker!)

phillipivan
31/08/2012
12:18:28 PM
On 29/08/2012 egosan wrote:

>Check out the anchor at 4:04.

Reminds me of being belayed from rusty old pitons in crumbling limestone in the Julian Alps. "Welcome to Alpine Climbing!"

There are 8 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints