Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
locking biner found - porters pass
Linze
28-May-2012
10:37:18 AM
found a locking biner before the traverse of wipe out. seems someone had bailed off it. looks pretty new. I have it if you want it back... (and are willing to admit that you are a blouse for not comitting to the slighly run out bit ;) )

benjenga
28-May-2012
10:43:25 AM
Hahaha
cogsy
28-May-2012
1:47:48 PM
That's been there for ages... Don't know whose it was, but it was nice if you use wipeout as a "harder warmup". The traverse has been wet for 6 months or so, too, so it has been nice to just do the pumpy bottom bit, and skip the wet traverse.
Linze
28-May-2012
2:32:34 PM
On 28/05/2012 cogsy wrote:
>That's been there for ages... Don't know whose it was, but it was nice
>if you use wipeout as a "harder warmup". The traverse has been wet for
>6 months or so, too, so it has been nice to just do the pumpy bottom bit,
>and skip the wet traverse.

i see... well then, lucky i came along and sorted things out then hehe... it was a little damp yesterday, just brought the top into line with the rest of the route ;)

E. Wells
28-May-2012
5:49:01 PM
yeah its mine. thanks, can you leave it with Kath at altitude deli and I will grab it, I just shat myself at that point and had to lower quickly.
Thanks Linseed.
Linze
29-May-2012
9:08:49 AM
On 28/05/2012 dangermouth wrote:
>yeah its mine. thanks,

you better just let me know the brand and colour just in case the same has happened before eh...

One Day Hero
29-May-2012
12:53:18 PM
On 28/05/2012 dangermouth wrote:
>I just shat myself at that point and had to lower quickly.

Actually shat yourself?

E. Wells
29-May-2012
6:57:20 PM
Hmm, DMM locking revolver, brand new (heres hoping) and yeah, I drank 1.5 litres of Logan Brae Apple Juice (open weekends, shipley Rd) for the send and completely exploded at the traverse, I was wearing a pair of North Sydney Bears footy shorts and it was all down the inside of my thighs. Washed up in the creek well.
One Day Hero
30-May-2012
1:13:56 AM
Jesus, that's grim! I must say, I've never even come close to (literally) crapping my dacks while climbing. Is this a common occurrence amongst chocky folk? Did you do some more pitches after the event?

E. Wells
30-May-2012
8:55:02 AM
Im lying. Chockstone is my opportunity to do that. Im sorry.

Big G
30-May-2012
10:13:10 AM
On 30/05/2012 dangermouth wrote:
>Im lying. Chockstone is my opportunity to do that. Im sorry.

we all knew that. nobody wears north sydney bears gear....
Duncan
30-May-2012
10:21:32 AM
On 30/05/2012 One Day Hero wrote:
>Jesus, that's grim! I must say, I've never even come close to (literally)
>crapping my dacks while climbing.

Hasn't WWS told a story about shitting himself while climbing at Araps?

rodw
30-May-2012
10:27:35 AM
He does have one, but Ill let him tell the details.

deadbudgy
30-May-2012
12:11:24 PM
and there's that wierd vid of the guy getting stuck in an offwidth and shitting his pants while everyone giggles. I am pretty sure it has been up here before?
One Day Hero
30-May-2012
12:22:12 PM
I think this stuff happens more often than you'd imagine.

One of my mates was doing an all day alpine ramble in the Rockies and made a 'tactical error' a few pitches in. Apparently he tried to lighten the mood by ripping a big fart at the belay, but he......followed through. As the story goes, the belay change overs were super efficient for the rest of the day as his partners couldn't bear to be within 5m of him.
Duncan
30-May-2012
5:00:31 PM
Nasty.

Sonic
30-May-2012
6:10:06 PM
On 30/05/2012 deadbudgy wrote:
>and there's that wierd vid of the guy getting stuck in an offwidth and
>shitting his pants while everyone giggles. I am pretty sure it has been
>up here before?

Yup -
http://www.chockstone.org/Forum/Forum.asp?Action=Display&ForumID=5&MessageID=6689&Replies=10

And WWS talks a little bout his experience there too....

ChuckNorris
30-May-2012
7:08:35 PM
On 30/05/2012 dangermouth wrote:
>Im lying. Chockstone is my opportunity to do that. Im sorry.

Don't believe him. It clearly happened, he's just trying to recover the morning after now he realises the consequences of his accidentally frank and honest post.

Note to you all serious chockstoners be wary, very wary, of any cheap deals on the for sale thread of otherwise near new harnesses - you may get more remnants of the original owner than what you expected.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
30-May-2012
7:42:42 PM
On 30/05/2012 elaphantitis wrote:
>On 30/05/2012 dangermouth wrote:
>>Im lying. Chockstone is my opportunity to do that. Im sorry.
>
>
>Don't believe him. It clearly happened, he's just trying to recover the
>morning after now he realises the consequences of his accidentally frank
>and honest post.
>
>Note to you all serious chockstoners be wary, very wary, of any cheap
>deals on the for sale thread of otherwise near new harnesses - you may
>get more remnants of the original owner than what you expected.

+1
Heh, heh, heh.

There are 19 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints