Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Suggestions for a comfy all day trad shoe?

Pat
3-Mar-2012
10:42:39 AM
Looking to get something that I can wear all day. Have a pair of Mythos at the moment and my toes get a bit monged up on lots of long climbs. Any suggestions for a comfy all day trad shoe?

Doug
3-Mar-2012
11:08:05 AM
The TC Pros look like the go. I've tried a pair on and will buy some when I get to Canada in May and can visit MEC. (See also Duncan's comments re MEC in the Aliens thread). They are expensive, though.
Supertopo video review here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leSa57X_JPI
My favourite all-day shoe used to be Boreal Ballet (now the Ballet Gold) but since Boreal changed their last for both the Aces and Ballets they don't fit my feet so well. You can still get them though and they are very cheap compared to most other shoes:
http://www.mtntools.com/cat/rclimb/rshoes/BorealBalletGold.htm

Superstu
3-Mar-2012
11:28:43 AM
I got a pair of tcpros while I was in the states, they weren't cheap over there either! They are really good for long granite crack routes, nice and comfy despite endless foot jambs. I'm not so fond of them on sandstone where unless its really easy I still like a bit of precision, so I just use old spongy muiras.Then again climbers in the 70's seem to do alright on sandstone despite wearing stiff gumboots.
Karl Bromelow
3-Mar-2012
11:48:20 AM
Boreal Joker (lace up or velcro). Various outlets overseas who will ship. Don't know where you'd get them here.

http://www.climbingdirect.co.uk/index.php?cat=Boreal_rock_climbing_boots_shoes_slippers

JamesMc
3-Mar-2012
5:25:03 PM
Just go to a gear shop and try some on. You won't find out what boots suit your feet from the internet.

benjenga
3-Mar-2012
5:28:45 PM
la sportiva miura, yep.
Get a comfy size.

Pat
3-Mar-2012
5:32:52 PM
Thx James,

doing that, - just looking to narrow down the choices first - there's a lot of shoes out there.

E. Wells
3-Mar-2012
8:00:40 PM
5;10 moccasyms are red?
Dr Nick
3-Mar-2012
9:34:18 PM
My all day shoes are (and have been for some time - they're still pink) a pair of Mythos a size or so bigger than I can squeeze into. That makes them reasonably comfortable - I've worn them for over 4 hours at a stretch and not had toe-spasms when I took them off - and they still work well for anything but super micro edging.

Try a 1/2 size bigger than you're wearing?

Pat
3-Mar-2012
11:37:52 PM
OK - that might work - by the way, the new colour is back to purprle/pink again.
Duncan
4-Mar-2012
3:06:22 AM
The seppos all swear by the TC Pros. I even had a mate who was using them on projects in the Buttermilks.

There are 11 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints