Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Topic Date User
Shooting climbing video 2-Dec-2011 At 1:31:18 PM Gluey
1. A lot of still cameras shoot HD these days, so you could walk into JB Hi Fi and probably find one in your price range, but they won't be anything spectacular. Get what you pay for... so I can maybe lead you in the right direction, what's "Too expensive".
2. Set the camera up on a tripod, good video i something easy to watch, hand held stuff is annoying and you won't get the detail of the climb at all. Audio is a different story, because I assume you won't be buying a microphone you'll have to capture the audio with the inbuilt mic, it'll sound like shit regardless of anything you buy. The only real way to get decent audio is to buy an external mic and sync it properly. to make the in built mic better, see if you can change the setting to turn off auto Gain. Again, a cheap camera may not have this function. Worst case scenario, find your microphone and try and jerry rig some way of reducing wind noise.
3. iMovie is easy, simple and clean. Not sure what the new Windows Movie Maker is like, but when I last used it it's a piece of shit, but it's free and on most Windows computers. If you're more inclined to find "other" routes of acquiring programs, Sony Vegas for Windows or Final Cut Pro for Mac... both will take a bit of getting used to.
4. That's completely up to you. You could make a sweet montage of your trip from very little filming.

My suggestion would be to buy a GoPro HD Hero2, a helmet camera. It's small, waterproof, lightweight, shoots HD video, relatively cheap, can also take photos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUEZCxBcM78&feature=pyv&feature=pyv&ad=8662368139&kw=%2BGoPro

There are 14 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints