D11 "Rappel Rack". For use with 1 or 2 ropes.
Diameters from 9mm to 13mm.
Two red fixed bars make for easy threading. SUPER Special! $119.00
Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found
Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.
Hi anyone heard of Kailis climbing gear?
Is it any good?
looks ok, most of the climbing gear seems to be pretty standard, I bought some tiny screwgates to test. The also make lots of clothing, shoes etc
Kailis seems pretty popular here in China - I'm guessing because its cheaper.
Webpage: http://www.kailas.com.cn/ (in chinese)
The climbing hardware section-> http://www.kailas.com.cn/cn/products_25.html
(try navigating the various sections of climbing gear from the links at the LHS, have fun)
I have a friend who got some gear from them in sponsorship type deal so he has a bunch of their stuff. All designs are pretty straight forward (i.e. basic shapes, nothing super unique about the designs). I think that they have only just started producing/selling climbing gear in the last few years.
* The dynema draws don't look too bad. nice colour, weight, feel - I think they're from a factory that issues a WildCountry draw (maybe another brand, I forget?) Basically, it looks exactly the same as some other brands.
A WC draw? -> http://www.kailas.com.cn/cn/html/product/201101271030581.html
* Belay device is a tragedy. slightly too small so the rope gets jammed regularly, don't buy, don't use...
the green one -> http://www.kailas.com.cn/cn/products_25_54.html
* basic biner doesn't feel right, too light? Don't really know why I don't like it
Biner in question -> http://www.kailas.com.cn/cn/html/product/201101171102012.html
All biners -> http://www.kailas.com.cn/cn/products_25_55.html
* nuts - its a bit suspect when /every/ nut, no matter what the size, is marked with same rating (all 7kN from memory) - no joke
need high res to see rating-> http://www.kailas.com.cn/cn/html/product/201101270943364.html
* cams- huge, long long stems. The lobes look like they've had too much material removed for weight saving. My mate said they worked alright though (he got them for free)
* all steel figure of 8, weighs a ton - what's the story? Maybe a more experienced Chocker can explain this
I'm interested to know: where are you seeing their products available for purchase?
Kailas used to be Australian? Started by Brian Collins in the 60's?.. got bought up by Chinese.?..
Their clothing seems alright. Quick dry, travel clothing etc all pretty typical - if you like that sort of stuff
check out the gallery ->
Complete wih Chinglish Demotivation!!!!
Hey Sam seen the stuff here in China.
Was wondering if the slings etc is actually safe?
Cheers for the info
It's hard to get a draw wrong, they'll be bomber.
the gear all looks ok, the cams look a bit spindly, perhaps the overlength (and heavy) wire stem adds to this impression
There are 5 messages in this topic.
Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia
Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.
Australian Panoramic |
Australian Coast |
Australian Mountains |
Australian Countryside |
Australian Waterfalls |
Australian Lakes |
Australian Cities |
Australian Macro |
Landscape Photo |
Landscape Photography |
Landscape Photography Australia |
Fine Art Photography |
Wilderness Photography |
Nature Photo |
Australian Landscape Photo |
Stock Photography Australia |
Landscape Photos |
Panoramic Photos |
Panoramic Photography Australia |
Australian Landscape Photography |
High Country Mountain Huts |
Mothers Day Gifts |
Gifts for Mothers Day |
Mothers Day Gift Ideas |
Ideas for Mothers Day |
Wedding Gift Ideas |
Christmas Gift Ideas |
Fathers Day Gifts |
Gifts for Fathers Day |
Fathers Day Gift Ideas |
Ideas for Fathers Day |
Landscape Prints |
Landscape Poster |
Limited Edition Prints |
Panoramic Photo |
Buy Posters |