Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Buying and importing stuff from the US
CJ
16-Nov-2009
8:20:47 PM
I'm sure this has been covered in previous posts but hey I can't seem to find em...

I'm after a North Face tent from the US... cause they are cheaper (REI, Backcountry.com etc.), however there appears to be an export / import embargo from the US to Oz for brands such as TNF, Patagonia... the list goes on.
How have others found a way around this? Are there reliable shipping agents / organisations that will provide you with the required US mailing address and then ship to Oz for a reasonable amount?? Or is it just a pain and not really worth the effort.
Any suggestions would be appreciated

rodw
16-Nov-2009
10:28:32 PM
Ther are a numbers of companies in the US that provide you a US address to ship to, for example http://www.parcelsforwarding.com/ but there are plenty more.

they also combine shipments from a few stores and ship together for you, just kep value under $1000 to avoid GST in Australia.
citationx
17-Nov-2009
1:07:13 AM
On 16/11/2009 rodw wrote:
>Ther are a numbers of companies in the US that provide you a US address
>to ship to, for example http://www.parcelsforwarding.com/ but there are
>plenty more.
>
>they also combine shipments from a few stores and ship together for you,
>just kep value under $1000 to avoid GST in Australia.

otherwise, it seems no. i've tried "conning" companies that i've bought multiple times from (several $,000 worth, too) to send me "just the one pair of sportivas" but they don't budge. good luck! and if you find someone that will ship those brands, let me know ;-)

rodw
17-Nov-2009
7:53:31 AM
It does work using that type of company, ski gear also suffers alot of certain brands that dont ship to Aus.......so if they can do ski's Im sure thay can do a bit of climbing gear.

Check the ski.com.au forums under equipment thread for other company suggestions.
CJ
17-Nov-2009
10:35:00 PM
Cheers, Rod

I'll investigate these guys a bit further and let you know how it goes...

There are 5 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints