Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries

Report Accidents and Injuries

Author
Climber dies on Mount Greville

StuckNut
28-Jun-2011
12:36:07 PM
"A broken rope caused the death of a rock climber missing for five days in Moogerah Peaks National Park near Boonah.

The 39-year-old man from Toowoomba, an experienced hiker and climber, was climbing alone on Mount Greville and had been camping in his car at nearby Mount French since Thursday.

He fell to his death when his rope broke as he climbed the mountain, west of Brisbane. A post mortem examination is expected to reveal when he died."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/missing-rock-climber-found-dead-after-rope-broke-20110628-1goa2.html#ixzz1QXBqmfnl

aarond
28-Jun-2011
3:20:18 PM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8266152/search-continues-for-man-in-qld-bush

StuckNut
28-Jun-2011
3:41:16 PM
And a little bit more:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/rock-climber-dies-after-rope-breaks-20110628-1goa2.html?from=brisbanetimes_sb
jjobrien
28-Jun-2011
11:06:31 PM
There's a whole lot of pain up here. Again. Clint was loved by so many of us.
He was out there on his own putting up a new route. As he did.
See qurank for more. http://www.qurank.com/ not the newspapers.

Macciza
29-Jun-2011
1:28:32 AM
Condolences to all involved and concerned . . .

Sonic
29-Jun-2011
8:15:59 AM
Having climbed with Clint a couple of years back I remember him being super keen and friendly. It is horrible to lose such a likable character... Condolences to family and friends

Sabu
29-Jun-2011
8:55:37 AM
Sad news. My condolences to friends, family and the Queensland climbing community.

SteveC
29-Jun-2011
8:59:52 AM
I met Clint last year at Frog, He approached our quiet camp one night as an abrasive storm of tobacco smoke, cuss words and tall stories. We hated him.

A few days later I was forced to climb with him. All the qualities that I had found unlikeable that night, shone through as honest enthusiasm for being out there. Even at the time I chalked it up as a lesson of judging a book by its cover, and through out the day he continued to surprise me with his apparent deep awareness and connection with climbing not to mention his interest in classical literature.
Olbert
30-Jun-2011
6:24:56 AM
Clint!? Daaave and I met Clint on a Frog trip a couple of years back. He was a character to be sure and will be missed. He was the dirtbag climber that all of us dreamed to be. Condolences to his family and friends.

E. Wells
14-Jul-2011
8:37:05 PM
Geez!! Clint you goof!! f---. Very sad, only climbed a few days but will never forget this friendly dude camped out at big top with the clumsy footwork!!

There are 10 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints