Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries

Report Accidents and Injuries

Topic Date User
Complete rupture of A2 pulley 28-May-2011 At 8:51:33 PM Dave.k
Thanks for all the responses folks. Seems clear that pulling hard on a crimp or pocket is the most common cause and that it's A2's for everyone, usually with an audible pop!!

I've done milder A2s on both the index and ring, but never to the point of a popping sound or swelling. The index finger was diagnosed by the radiologist as tenosynovitis and took well over 6 months to get back to 80%. The mild tweak on the ring finger took about 4 months.

I think that it's good to keep climbing after the finger feels capable, but by "keep climbing" I mean it in the therapeutic sense (as it promotes increased blood flow). I was doing 1's (of boulder problems rated from 1 to 6) at the gym for 1 month, then 2's for 2 months, then slowly worked up to 3's. You have to be super conservative and realise that even the most moderate of tweaks takes 3-6 months. Plan a rehab process around that time period - not 10 days or 6 weeks.

There are 73 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints