Set of 11 DMM "Wallnuts" (1 to 11) NB NEW Anodized colours!!!
New "lighter" version. Steve's favourite wired Nuts.
SUPER Special until 16th of October or Sold Out!
Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries
Report Accidents and Injuries
|Climbing Injuries - Tell me what you have!
||Wednesday, 23 March 2011 At 3:40:44 PM
|Must... fight... urge... to... troll...
Over the years I've had a variety of injuries, including:
- Random "sore fingers" - finger "gives out", invariably while doing some hardish move bouldering in the gym - a couple of weeks RICE usually sorts it out. Usually the pain is felt inside the first knuckle, with some tenderness.
- Impinged tendon in shoulder. This is my latest and scariest injury (couldn't lift my arm for a couple of days), and apparently stems from too much Chockstoning with poor posture. Physio prescribed solution (which is working wonders) has been to correct my bad posture and strengthen up the muscles that help maintain it (lots of deep abdominal work - I didn't know Kegel's were good for blokes too!).
- About a year ago I did something to one of my achilles tendons (again, in the gym, on a treadmill of all stupid things). Considering getting this one looked at as it's still not 100% despite lots of RICE since I did it.
- "Climber's elbow" - Dr Julian did a remote diagnosis on this one and prescribed brachioradialis exercises (reverse curls) to strengthen it. Those helped a lot.
- About 2 years after taking up climbing my fingers started to curl up involuntarily at work. Osteo prescribed various forearm stretches (diagnosed as a change in the "rest position" of the forearm muscles) and this got me started on yoga as well (which has helped me avoid injury more than anything else I've done, I reckon).
Probably some others that I'm forgetting too...
Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia
Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.
Australian Panoramic |
Australian Coast |
Australian Mountains |
Australian Countryside |
Australian Waterfalls |
Australian Lakes |
Australian Cities |
Australian Macro |
Landscape Photo |
Landscape Photography |
Landscape Photography Australia |
Fine Art Photography |
Wilderness Photography |
Nature Photo |
Australian Landscape Photo |
Stock Photography Australia |
Landscape Photos |
Panoramic Photos |
Panoramic Photography Australia |
Australian Landscape Photography |
High Country Mountain Huts |
Mothers Day Gifts |
Gifts for Mothers Day |
Mothers Day Gift Ideas |
Ideas for Mothers Day |
Wedding Gift Ideas |
Christmas Gift Ideas |
Fathers Day Gifts |
Gifts for Fathers Day |
Fathers Day Gift Ideas |
Ideas for Fathers Day |
Landscape Prints |
Landscape Poster |
Limited Edition Prints |
Panoramic Photo |
Buy Posters |