Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries

Report Accidents and Injuries

Author
Take care out there

The Elk
7-Apr-2004
3:18:34 PM
Just a friendly reminder to take extra special care out there over the big Easter break. Rock sees more traffic over these breaks, and it seems more people increase the chances of mistakes, so keep an eye out, climb careful, it'd be awsome to have an incident free Easter.

Just cos you might be climbing a "moderate" grade doesn't disqualify you for falls and injuries... be warey, use that gear hanging off your harness, clip all those bolts... same old warnings I guess... but having survived a ground fall (even if it was from a relatively small height) I've suffered the last 9 months through continued medical appointments, and pain, never completely likely to heal... I can say that I am very lucky.

Have fun, crank hard, but be safe!
Em

IdratherbeclimbingM9
7-Apr-2004
3:31:06 PM
Yeah, and take care on the roads to and from the rock also.
There's more objective dangers involved in travelling than climbing (?), especially on the long hauls to the distant location cliffs.

Are you back on rock yet Elk?

The Elk
8-Apr-2004
9:24:23 AM
Yep back on rock, but my headspace has definitely taken a beating. This weekend it's back on some serious projects and back to the scene of the stack.

Take care on the roads too.... that's definitely a must. I almost got wiped out 3 times just on the way to work with cars full of holiday makers.

There are 3 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints