Report Accidents and Injuries

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 21
Author
Accident at Hanging Rock Rope Swing
PThomson
26-May-2014
7:42:50 AM
G'day all,

Spotted this one this morning. Neil and I were over at Pierces Pass and heard some excited screaming which we assumed was the Rope Swing in action which progressed to dead silence, followed later on by an Ambo chopper that dropped someone down at the site, and returned later to winch them back out.

NSW Police: http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/latest_releases?sq_content_src=%2BdXJsPWh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJGZWJpenByZC5wb2xpY2UubnN3Lmdvdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGMzc5MDQuaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ%3D%3D

NineMsn: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/05/26/04/10/man-injured-on-blue-mountains-rock-swing

Regards,

-Paul

rodw
26-May-2014
8:21:45 AM
Looks like they are in the Poo with the cops..hope hes okay.
martym
26-May-2014
9:15:26 AM
On 26/05/2014 rodw wrote:
>Looks like they are in the Poo with the cops..hope hes okay.

"A ranger from NSW National Parks and Wildlife attended and is investigating the alleged breach of their legislation (engage in activity risks safety of self /others)."

Wow that's vague .. bush walking along Narrowneck is a risky activity!

tnd
26-May-2014
10:24:05 AM
It was described on ABC News this morning as "an illegal rope swing".
gfdonc
26-May-2014
11:36:49 AM
.. as defined by the Rope Swings and Bungee Jumping Act 2005 perhaps?
martym
26-May-2014
12:38:57 PM
On 26/05/2014 gfdonc wrote:
>.. as defined by the Rope Swings and Bungee Jumping Act 2005 perhaps?
>

I just googled "Rope Swings and Bungee Jumping Act 2005 nsw" and instead found this:
"Would the Ewoks' swinging-log trap have destroyed an Imperial walker? ... Can you bob for an apple during a 100 foot bungee jump?"

rodw
26-May-2014
12:56:43 PM
Don't worry Abbot will stop the Illegal rope swings...boomtish.

nmonteith
26-May-2014
4:25:15 PM
SMH now has a video...

http://media.smh.com.au/news/nsw-news/the-rope-swing-that-went-wrong-5457217.html
patto
26-May-2014
11:27:49 PM
On 26/05/2014 martym wrote:
>
>"A ranger from NSW National Parks and Wildlife attended and is investigating
>the alleged breach of their legislation (engage in activity risks safety
>of self /others)."
>

I hope they start cracking down on all those who choose to drive a motor car through the National Park. I hear that those things result in thousands of deaths each year.
marky
27-May-2014
8:21:12 AM
I wonder who leaked the video of the incident to the media? Its illegal what there doing so why would anyone give the footage to the media? Unless it's taken from a bushwalkers/hiker...

ajfclark
27-May-2014
8:44:01 AM
The media has a video of it? The SMH link above is just a report using a bunch of clips from youtube.

deadbudgy
27-May-2014
8:47:30 AM
I don't think any of that was footage of the accident. You can find most of that footage on Youtube I reckon because GoPro or it didn't happen...
martym
27-May-2014
9:15:51 AM
On 27/05/2014 marky wrote:
>I wonder who leaked the video of the incident to the media? Its illegal
>what there doing so why would anyone give the footage to the media? Unless
>it's taken from a bushwalkers/hiker...

Did ya watch the video Marky? It's just a youtube collection of greatest jumps - there's no actual footage of the accident. In fact, it's kind of ironic listening to the scolding "what are they thinking?" narrations as you watch countless successful jumps with people laughing and having fun... I'm not advocating illegal behaviour -I'm just saying: watch the video = there's the answer to the question "why do they do it?"

nmonteith
27-May-2014
10:04:24 AM
At least they didn't show the footage of Lucky doing the death-jump and the parachute almost-failure.
maxdacat
27-May-2014
10:31:23 AM
So next time a take a long whipper and swing around on the rope I am breaking the law?

Snappy
27-May-2014
10:40:08 AM
On 27/05/2014 maxdacat wrote:
>So next time a take a long whipper and swing around on the rope I am breaking
>the law?

What if you claim you were just abseiling really quickly?
martym
27-May-2014
11:08:50 AM
On 27/05/2014 Snappy wrote:
>On 27/05/2014 maxdacat wrote:
>>So next time a take a long whipper and swing around on the rope I am
>breaking
>>the law?
>
>What if you claim you were just abseiling really quickly?
How else do you get on Black Rose?
marky
27-May-2014
11:50:03 AM
Martym- the link wouldn't work for me but going off the description given to the link it's easy to assume that it is indeed the footage of the incident.
citationx
27-May-2014
4:31:33 PM
On 27/05/2014 marky wrote:
>Martym- the link wouldn't work for me but going off the description given
>to the link it's easy to assume that it is indeed the footage of the incident.

I assumed that too. But I watched it waiting for gore and, as mentioned, it's not footage of the incident, just random youtube videos of other people doing it in the past... (dunno what you're trying to say)
White Trash
27-May-2014
4:36:27 PM
authority = fun police.
next they will be instaling motion detecter cameras in the bush to film people they want to catch, likel they do for endagered species.

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 21
There are 21 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints