Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries

Report Accidents and Injuries

Topic Date User
New helmet required! 8-Feb-2013 At 9:55:36 PM salty crag
>I'm a firm believer that bolting is the equivalent of guys doing sketchy
>trad in the 70s. All the injuries and near misses I have had "climbing"
>in the last few years have been from bolting.
Agree. It's kinda fun though. I love having to improvise, rely on weird sketchy placements, spend time sussing out where the best rock is... That said we are always well protected so if something fails we have plenty of back up like my situation the other night, the blow on the head was unforeseen and nasty but the fall was never going to be life threatening. I've been strictly trad and I'm rather new to sport and bolting and enjoying the learning experience. I have developed a real appreciation for the work some people such as yourself Neil have done over the years (and developed an appreciation for how scary aid can be). The lines we are bolting are mixed and plenty of gear still needs to be placed. Can't put photo's of stack hat online cause wife binned it, bugger! Not at all upset with mate climbing the route as he picked the line, top roped it and marked the bolt holes. Both guys with him failed to send (they climb mid to high 20s) so I think his grade of 22 might be a sandbag! Plenty more lines to do on this wall, can't wait to get back out there. I will post some photo's soon.

There are 12 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints