Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Climbing Videos

Post links and comments about your favourite climbing flicks

Author
Salathe Wall El Cap video
Tastrad
24-Feb-2016
10:28:52 AM
Check out this video of my ascent of the Salathe with Ingvar Lidman last October.
http://climbtasmania.com.au/blogs/news/76663493-salathe-wall-el-cap-video
Ithomas
24-Feb-2016
8:12:19 PM
Loved the clip Gerry. Great work by both of you. I was really pleased to find a video with no music - no hip hop, no trance, no wank. Just good honest climbing and reactions.

Miguel75
25-Feb-2016
12:08:07 AM
Unreal. The headwall looks amazing. Congrats on the climb and thanks for sharing the vid.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
16-Sep-2016
8:35:52 AM
On 24/02/2016 Tastrad wrote:
>Check out this video of my ascent of the Salathe with Ingvar Lidman last October.
>http://climbtasmania.com.au/blogs/news/76663493-salathe-wall-el-cap-video

Congratulations on getting up Salathe Tastrad (& Ingvar), even though aid-climbing is not your first choice for style.

I too enjoyed the non-music accompaniment to your video.
;-)

I am stoked that you did your historical homework about the route, as I believe it gives one a much greater appreciation of the place while one is on it.

I suspect that for those who have never put themselves out there for such extended periods of time that the introspective thoughts expressed after your and Ingvar's ascent will come across as very cheesy, however I think that the cognoscenti may relate better to what you were trying to express.
Trying to convey those feelings and emotions is all rather intangible, and as such I suspect Mallory nailed the process with his one-liner about Mt Everest being "Because it's there", because it says it all, and ironically says nothing at the same time!

Having video footage helps hugely in conveying what it's about, but also ironically doesn't do justice to the sheer grandeur of the place, or the intensity of the struggle that it can involve.

Now that some time has passed since that ascent, I'd be interested in your abiding thoughts about it.
Are the highs and the downer moments still as etched as strongly in the memory, or have they just blurred into mediocrity?

If mediocrity, then in regards to your expressing a non-committal attitude to doing another major wall climb in that style at the end of your video; is this still the case, or has the lure of such extended exposure hooked you and is now drawing you back?

If you were to do another wall with Ingvar, what would you do differently compared to your Salathe ascent?

There are 4 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints