Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Climbing Videos

Post links and comments about your favourite climbing flicks

Author
Alex Honnold - El Sendero Luminoso

Miguel75
13-Feb-2014
10:22:16 PM
Pretty sweet looking vid of Seņor Honnold free soloing some Mexi-madness.

http://youtu.be/Phl82D57P58

(I'm on an iPhone, apologies for not embedding)

ajfclark
13-Feb-2014
11:09:12 PM
ben wiessner
13-Feb-2014
11:13:30 PM
Anyone know how hard this route is? Looks delicious.
prb
14-Feb-2014
12:14:18 AM
On a rope the 11th pitch is listed as 5.12d, about 28.

MisterGribble
14-Feb-2014
12:22:25 PM
This is the bloke who soloed Phoenix in the Valley

Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Drake
14-Feb-2014
12:25:55 PM
>>> On a rope the 11th pitch is listed as 5.12d, about 28.

But the route is hardly a one-move or one-pitch wonder. Of the 15 pitches, 7 are 5.12 or harder. It's a sustained and technical slab.

shiltz
17-Feb-2014
10:59:55 PM
The moves he does around 5 minute mark are difficult to watch from the safety of the couch. Wouldn't like to be the guy holding the camera.
rightarmbad
18-Feb-2014
2:56:44 AM
What is the yellow rubber on his shoes?
martym
18-Feb-2014
9:44:23 PM
On 18/02/2014 rightarmbad wrote:
>What is the yellow rubber on his shoes?

The all new La Sportiva Honnold Air with hexalite, available soon

ajfclark
18-Feb-2014
9:51:51 PM
Didn't that greenpointing guy have yellow non-marking soles on his la sportivas too?
martym
18-Feb-2014
10:09:16 PM
Is there an extended version? The clip doesn't seem like a preview - you see the moneyshot!

Or just another film about the area? Looks stunning! Hopefully "shining path" isn't a reference to the terrorist group from the 80s ....
JDB
19-Feb-2014
9:43:27 AM
Martym,

I think you can assume the 'long version' will be part of the next Reel Rock series
kieranl
19-Feb-2014
10:14:15 AM
On 18/02/2014 martym wrote:
>
> Looks stunning! Hopefully "shining
>path" isn't a reference to the terrorist group from the 80s ....
I think you can assume it comes from that but probably associating "cool name" with "south american guerilla group" but not really thinking about that group being homicidal idealogues.
If you browse on TheCrag you'll seen Shining Paths all over the place including 2 in the Grampians (Eastern Wall and Stapylton) and 1 at Point Perp.

edit : While watching, I kept feeling that Honnold was about to turn to camera, say "See you" and step off. Probably just me.

Pat
19-Feb-2014
6:35:09 PM
Second that too kieran. I actually had a feeling of sadness watching. I think the shots that really gave the enormity of the exposure made me realise that one day I might log on and read that he had died soloing - which, for me, would be a loss.

euce
19-Feb-2014
10:42:37 PM
On 19/02/2014 kieranl wrote:

>
>edit : While watching, I kept feeling that Honnold was about to turn to
>camera, say "See you" and step off. Probably just me.

Yep. I couldn't quite put that eerie feeling into words myself.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
20-Feb-2014
9:29:15 AM
On 19/02/2014 euce wrote:
>On 19/02/2014 kieranl wrote:
>
>>
>>edit : While watching, I kept feeling that Honnold was about to turn
>to
>>camera, say "See you" and step off. Probably just me.
>
>Yep. I couldn't quite put that eerie feeling into words myself.
>
It had that quality for sure. I think largely bought about by the slow motion and the poignant music.

There are 16 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints