Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
French student climber want to discover Ozie spots
Raph
20-Apr-2009
9:26:54 PM
Hi Australian's climbers!!

I am a easy going French student in Melbourne for a work experience to conclude my studies in geotechnical engineering. In France I lives in the French Alps in Grenoble (not too fare from Chamonix and the Mont Blanc area). I practice climbing since 8 years and Alpinism since 5 years. So I know how to belay a climber, and how to lead a climb....

I really want to discover the climbing in Australia, the spots seems to be so awesome!!

Ho due to the weight limitation in the plane I took just my harnesse, climbing shoes..

I will be really happy to go climbing during a week end where you want!! I have an international drice license (but don't have a car) so I can drive (even if you drive on the other side). And of course split the bills for the gas etc.....I have a really good sleepping bag so I can spelt outside.

I am looking forward your news for a climbing session!!!!

Cheers

Raph
patto
20-Apr-2009
10:06:03 PM
Trawling here for partners often works hower since you are a student you might want to consider joining your university's rock climbing club.

Melbourne University, RMIT, Monash all have quite active clubs that run regular rock climbing trips. Latrobe also has a bit of climbing.

(I'm part of a University club.)

bry
21-Apr-2009
1:18:50 AM
Raph, My name is Bryan im a ski patroler in tignes france at the moment im due home to melb on the 4th of may and i will be climbing most weekends once i get back there untill the snow starts falling there in aus then im back to our snow fields. I live about an hours north of melb and my local crag is cammells hump at Mt Macedon but often travel to the grampians and mt arapiles. The hospitality the french have shown me here its the least i can do to show you some nice local aussie spots, be good to keep some of my french lingo going as well, If ya keen still when i return mate give us a shout. ciao
Sez
21-Apr-2009
7:09:31 PM
Hi Raph
What a great part of France you live in! I was living in Grenoble a few months ago and have just returned to Melbourne. Do you miss the Carrefour? hehe

I'm only a beginner to climbing so i can't offer much in the climbing arena but if you want an amateur guide to the sights of Victoria then private message me.
The locals in Grenoble were very nice and hospitable to me and I would be more than happy to return the favour.

Cheers,
Sez
evan
4-May-2009
10:28:31 PM
Hi, I was hoping to get out to Mt Rosea or the Araps this weekend. I don't get off work until friday midnight so would head up through the night or maybe saturday morning. I've been climbing 9 years with a bit of alpine stuff. Also, going bouldering tomorrow at burnley middayish. Drop me a line or text if you are fancy a quick trip.
Evan 0405691876

pmonks
5-May-2009
1:14:34 PM
I have some spots (some of which are oozing quite nicely!) and I'm "Ozie" - does that count? The doc says they should clear up in another couple of weeks though, so you'd better be quick if you want to discover them.
Raph
21-May-2009
10:56:07 PM
does anybody want to go climbing this week end, the weather seems to be nice!!!

So motivated to go climbing but unfortunately don't find a partner since I came on Melbourne!!!! I am gonna be mad to see this pictures of this beautiful crags on don't climb yet :)

Let me know if you want to go.

Cheers

Raph

Wendy
22-May-2009
9:46:15 AM
Get yourself on a bus to Horsham, hitch out to the Mount, wander around the campsite - chances are you'll find someone to climb with, worse case scenario, there's lots of bouldering and the weather will still be beautiful.

https://www.vline.com.au/apps/vline/GetTripNew.aspx?sid=0&return=1&origin=Melbourne%2C+Southern+Cross&destination=Horsham+Old+Police+Station%2C+Roberts+Ave&DepDate=22-May-2009&DepartDay=22&DepartMonth=May&DepartYear=2009&Left_nav1%3ALayoutControl127%3ADepartDatePicker=5%2F22%2F2009&DepTimeOfDay=4&RetDate=24-May-2009&ReturnDay=24&ReturnMonth=May&ReturnYear=2009&Left_nav1%3ALayoutControl127%3AReturnDatePicker=5%2F22%2F2009&RetTimeOfDay=0&ChkOrigin=0&ChkDestination=0

That monstrostity is actually a link to the train timetable for this weekend ...

Je ne grimpe pas au moment, parce que je me fais mal a l'epaule, mais il y aura pas mal du monde au camping et il fait super beau ici aujourdhui. en fait, c'est possible j'aille une amie que voudrais grimper ce weekend, envoie-moi un PM si tu viendras.

Wendy
Raph
22-May-2009
12:37:49 PM
Wendy,

Thanks lots for your link to the Vline timetable. I apreciate it, the problem that I am a little bit short in money, so a lift from Melbourne to Araps will be better for me it's cost less money to split the gas than take the train I think.

Merci pour ta partie de message en Français, as tu été en France ?

Thanks again

Cheers

Raph
Wendy
22-May-2009
12:44:11 PM
c'est pas cher, le train - peut-etre $30-40 le retour? moins de deux personnes en voiture.

J'ai passe pas mal de temps en France et j'ai fait des etudes en francais, mais ce n'est pas souvent que j'ai l'occasion d'utiliser mon francais actuellement.
Raph
22-May-2009
4:03:16 PM
oui c'est vrai que c'est pas cher mais bon. I think I will do that when I will have a long week end to spend more time around the Araps campground than one day.

Ton Français est vraiment bien! Ou était tu en France ?

Merci beaucoup pour les infos c'est bien cool de ta part!

Cheers

Raph

bluey
22-May-2009
4:15:50 PM
salut! il y a beaucoup parmi nous qui parlent un peu du francais.... etudier le francais - il est obligatoire en Australie... ; )

pmonks
22-May-2009
4:21:59 PM
Je ne parle pas un mot de français, mais Google Translate, je me permet de faire semblant!
Raph
22-May-2009
4:53:49 PM
I didn't know that so many poeple speak French on this forum!

Pmonks did you really use Google Translate because your sentence sounds really good!

pmonks
23-May-2009
2:43:49 AM
Oui, je n'ai utiliser Google Translate - putain c'est merveilleux!
Wendy
23-May-2009
3:40:27 PM
that's twice in 2 days you've cracked me up now Peter ...

There are 16 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints