Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Warrumbungles at Easter
dfinnecy
19-Mar-2009
11:43:54 AM
I am heading to the Warrumbungles at Easter with the wife and some other extended
family. We might do a little playing around on the rock to give the sister-in-law a "Go
Rockclimbing!" experience. I want to get in a real climb or two as well.

Anyone for Flight of the Phoenix? If you are up there and available shoot me a PM. I've
got experience and loads 'o gear.

-darren

pmonks
20-Mar-2009
3:54:36 AM
Unfortunately I won't be there, but if you haven't done FotP it's an awesome route. Great technical climbing on the first 2 pitches then another 3 pitches that are easier but really good fun, and with great protection and rock the entire way up (some parts reminded me of Arapiles eg. the pitch after "the wing").

I'm jealous!!
dfinnecy
20-Mar-2009
7:13:25 AM
such a tease, Pmonks. Anyone else? I'll buy the beer!

vwills
20-Mar-2009
9:58:37 AM
I understand the Newcastle Uni MC is headed up that way at Easter with a large contingent of climbers.
mournehigh
20-Mar-2009
3:45:11 PM
I may be interesed in climbing at Easter. When are you going. I climb trad 10 - 18. I have gear and a car.

Roger 0432 904 515, mournehigh@hotmail.com
gfdonc
20-Mar-2009
9:50:31 PM
This sounds like an epic in the making .. can I come and watch?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
21-Mar-2009
7:40:28 PM
Easter is traditionaly the busiest time of year in the Warrumbungles.

~> You should not have too much trouble finding a partner (up there), for then.
dfinnecy
21-Mar-2009
9:12:53 PM
gfdonc, sorry, no lookie loos. Show up and give me a belay or keep movin. Nothing to
see here. Specially no epics. (fingers crossed, knock on wood, all that jazz)

There are 8 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints