Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Mountaineering in NZ

Sir Chossalot
11-Sep-2007
6:27:13 PM
I am keen to head out to NZ to do an introductory mountaineering course in late November, but am strugling to find people to go with. Most of my regular climbing partners are either not interested or have already done a heap of mountaineering. I'm trying to get enough people together for a private course (so we don't have to learn how to belay again) anyone interested?

GravityHound
11-Sep-2007
9:49:23 PM
Have 2 or 3 people who may be interested. PM me.

sliamese
11-Sep-2007
10:02:36 PM
if your friends have done a heap your sometimes better of learning from them! ive spent a fair few days in huts with paying groupies! you'd be best of going to pioneer hut IMO. it has the best range of easy-hard stuff around, u can get of centennial pretty quick and plataeu is better for summiting rather than learning! id probably recommend Adventure Consultants, just dont go with Callum! november should be a good time too! heaps of ice about! but you probably already know all this! have fun tho!! :)

sir chossalot
12-Sep-2007
5:05:08 PM
Cheers Sliamese - its all good stuff to know. I take it you had a not so good experience with Callum?

sliamese
12-Sep-2007
6:01:53 PM
he was a guiding a 'steep ice course' last summer when we were in pioneer. very unprofessional and arrogant, thought he was gods gift and let the clients/everyone know! all the rest of the AC guides are great! some legendary climbers there!

you should do it tho, u'll never regret it! als oid reccomend going for as long as you can! gives you the best chances of doing heaps! even after the course you should be able to hook up with other people, tho its always better with people u know!

the best thing you'll do if when u go is join the NZ Alpine Club! worth everycent, u will make the hundred dollar member fees in the money u save on hut fees! then u can stay at fox and cook village for 10 bucks, awesome! and their journals and mags get you psyched!!
danbaker
13-Sep-2007
4:37:38 PM
I'll be over there in Jan 08 climbing with Alpine Guides. they are a pretty good outfit and offer some great courses from very beginner to advanced. I have climbed with Alpine Recreation before and wasn't too pleased with them. They were ok, but not worth the money I paid to climb with them imo.

I second joining the NZAC, well worth the money!! And their annual journal is awesome!

There are 6 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints