Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Three 6000m peak expedition argentina- Nov 06
glacier-rat
2-Jun-2006
6:43:08 PM
Looking for partners for a trip to the Mercedario region of Argentina in November 2006.

Basic plan is to attempt Mercedario 6770m, Ramada 6400m, Polaco 6000m
along with anything else that can be squeezed in during the time frame of around 4 weeks. Im open to objectives and am a little flexible on dates.

Routes range from walk-up (aconagua - kilimanjaro style) to quite technical and demanding.

Nothing set in stone yet so am a little flexible with dates and objectives.

Costs:
Flights ex Sydney (with Aerolineas Argentinas) start at about A$2,500, ground costs on a shared basis will work out to be around the A$1000 - A$1500 each (depending on size of team)

Pic of Mercedario's south face

Pico Polaco 6000m

Cerro Ramada 6384m

This is a remote and fantastic place to climb, no permits required, low costs, great peaks, no crowds, cheap beer and beautiful settings.

If you're a shit-hot skiier/boarder, the south face of mercedario is for you! 2000m+ of vertical descent @ around 45 - 55degrees

Who's up ?

maxots
2-Jun-2006
7:13:48 PM
possibility I will be travelling through SA this summer. If so november is definetily possible, I just need to
decide between a south america trip or getting a ski job in chamonix for the winter. tough choice....

isn't there a lot of precipitation at that time of year???
glacier-rat
2-Jun-2006
8:02:24 PM
its hard to anticipate, some years the season lags, others its dry as a bone. Last year was a bit of a late season from what i hear.

The peaks shouldnt be too affected, access im not sure about, its pretty low altitude for the approach (bc @ 3600m) so doubt it'd be anything that couldnt be overcome..
ant
3-Jun-2006
10:23:32 AM
Max - do both!!! RTW flights are not that much more expensive than going to SA.

maxots
3-Jun-2006
1:18:00 PM
well hell maybe I will, I'll have to look into it and figure out if im staying in NZ or not. otherwise I could
happily go to SA for november and then chamonix season starting december!!!

I will email after my NZ trip as by then I will have a firmer Idea of future plans!

Ell
3-Jun-2006
4:45:13 PM
Max, with a RTW airfare you could do all that and then finish up in Thailand for some sport climbing.

If you need any travel advice PM me.

There are 6 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints