Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Partner for Mt Buffalo - 1st Feb until Whenever
pthomson
17-Jan-2015
9:00:52 PM
G'day all,

Im currently climbing for a month down in Tassie (having just come back from 5 weeks in Spain) and am hoping to find someone to climb with at Mt Buffalo on the way home to the Blueys.

I will be at Mt Buffalo on 1st February, and I dont have a specific return date so I can climb until whenever.

Solid on Sport/Sport multi to 25 (have ticked 27). And am happy to climb trad/trad multi to 25 also.

Having said that, Im as psyched to get on the easier Buffalo classics as I am to get on something hard... so I'll pretty much be stoked to climb anything with anyone as long as they know what they are doing.

Anyone interested?

Regards,

-Paul

Goshen
22-Jan-2015
10:49:57 AM
Hi Paul,

It's just a tentative currently, but I was hoping for a Buffalo trip soon, and climb about the same sport/trad as you... I think I can manage 4 or 5 days at most, from the 6th - 10th of Feb, if you'll be there that long.

As I said, it's tentative - but if I know there's someone up there to climb with, I'll be more likely to try and make it happen :-)

Cheers,
Goshen
One Day Hero
22-Jan-2015
12:36:30 PM
On 17/01/2015 pthomson wrote:
>Solid on Sport/Sport multi to 25 (have ticked 27). And am happy to climb
>trad/trad multi to 25 also.
>
How hard do you climb on granite slabs Pauly? Its hilarious that you're posting up your sandstone grades while looking for a Buffalo partner. I want a trip report!

The good Dr
22-Jan-2015
1:15:20 PM
Damo, that is harsh. Am looking forward to the TR for Glossop Skins and They Might Be Giants though :))

Goshen
22-Jan-2015
8:27:17 PM
thanks for the tick list. :-) although... I did 'Beg Borrow & Steal' last time I was there, and thought that was pushing my comfort zone... can't barely imagine what another 5 grades is like.
tshaw
22-Jan-2015
8:46:03 PM
I will be around for a climb if anyone is heading this way. In live at the base of buffalo so anyone coming this way drop me an email tim_shaw@y7mail.com

PThomson
24-Jan-2015
11:08:35 AM
The cool bit about being me, Damo, is that I can climb on more than 1 type of rock at my limit and take the falls as necessary, without having to headpoint the $#!t out of it first.

Mock all you like, I dont come expecting to cruise and Send. But I do come willing to get on it, get scared, and keep going anyway. Maybe you could back up your comments by Leading By Example.

Oh, and you forgot about limestone, ryolite, trachyte, dolarite and Euro conglomerate to your list of experienced rock types associated with the grades I posted. Unfortunately, in my 2 days on granite in Tas I only managed a mixed 25 2nd shot. Didnt quite manage to TICK the 27 or the 28 slab I tried.

-Paul
PThomson
24-Jan-2015
11:23:58 AM
G'day Goshen,

Let me know how solid your climbing plans end up looking. Depending on what I can line up in Buffalo, I might just extend my time down here in Tassie (im due back in melbourne on 31st Jan) to better lineup with with Buffalo plans as necessary.

Regards,

-Paul

Goshen
28-Jan-2015
1:02:24 PM
Ok, plans are officially solid :-) Coming from Geelong... I'll see if anyone else is can come up, but otherwise it's just me. Friday 6th to Monday 10th.

Happy to climb whatever too, but very keen for something big, like The Path of Genghis... and something short and awesome, like Vanity Fair...
One Day Hero
28-Jan-2015
11:10:03 PM
On 24/01/2015 PThomson wrote:
>The cool bit about being me............

That is a pretty hilarious way to start any sort of spray. How's the weather down there? Sounds like you might be getting a bit over it.
pthomson
29-Jan-2015
6:03:25 PM
The cool thing about being me is that im a pretty hilarious kinda guy... I did wonder why it was taking you so long to jump on my previous post, Damo, it seemed ripe for your kind of barrage. =P

Goshen - I should be there about that time, mate.

Goshen
2-Feb-2015
10:54:09 AM
Looks like all this cool weather is coming to an end, and we're in for hot one starting friday. 31, 33, 35. looks like it's hiding in the shade and alpine starts.

harold
2-Feb-2015
11:18:07 AM
Or get on the north wall in the arvos. You shoud have a look at She - Ozy eliminate, that would be epic. Have a good one Gosh.

There are 13 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints