Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Shift worker/ climbers
timbigot
11-Jun-2014
8:37:43 PM
Is there anyone in the melbourne area keen on getting out in the surrounds for day trips who works a 10/14 shift pattern on "D" line? AV/MFB workers who also lurk on chockstone i'm looking at you. I'm an Ambo and have often got free time when 9 to 5 workers have not.

Miguel75
11-Jun-2014
10:16:32 PM
I'd be happy to get out amongst it though I'm on C shift...
timbigot
12-Jun-2014
1:03:35 PM
Ha, that might work on the odd occasion as there is a little bit of cross over, kind of depends on if you get any sleep on nightshift. ie MFB or AV.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
12-Jun-2014
1:13:53 PM
... beware timbigot!
M75 might introduce you to the dark arts of aid climbing, multi-day ascents and such like!!
Heh, heh, heh.

Miguel75
12-Jun-2014
3:14:46 PM
I'll pm you details Tim. Happy to climb should schedules align.

As M9 has alluded to, I'm happy to pretend to aid climb, mainly because I don't feel bad pulling on gear or turning a single pitch climb into a multi day affair, complete with portaledges and haulbags and lots of complaining;)

shortman
12-Jun-2014
3:39:37 PM
On 12/06/2014 Miguel75 wrote:

>multi day affair, complete with portaledges and haulbags and lots of complaining;)

Bollocks. I do not believe you are capable of complaining, :)
timbigot
12-Jun-2014
5:06:41 PM
Happy to be reintroduced to silly things like aiding, I still have the haul bag i made and aiders and such that i got when i did Ozy 18 years ago as a teenager. That involved epic multi day bumbling in torrential rain, off route new pitches, upside down falls and being thrown a rope by HB last pitch from the top avoiding a horrible OW.
timbigot
15-Jun-2014
2:08:18 PM
Miguel if your keen next friday could work, I should be 4th day off and yourself 2nd. I'd be keen for Mt Alexander or Camels hump if your up fro it?

Miguel75
15-Jun-2014
4:32:36 PM
Tim I'm on annuals so let me know when you're heading out. I'm working with friends during my leave so may or may not be able to get out but will try...
timbigot
16-Jun-2014
3:03:02 PM
Well if your on leave, wednesday or thursday look better weather wise.
Rosko
16-Jun-2014
10:38:10 PM
Hey guys, My names Ross, I'm a personal trainer and work odd hours too. I'd be keen to meet some new climbing buddies for midday sessions.
timbigot
18-Jun-2014
7:04:29 PM
G'day Ross, at the moe I'm more keen on getting outside in the country while it's still a bit warmish, midday sessions sounds like the preserve of Hardrock in the city or bouldering under the freeway at Burnely. If you head down to either of those locations round midday there should be ample folk to climb with. Cheers.

phillipivan
18-Jun-2014
7:35:23 PM
Hi Tim, you free tomorrow?
timbigot
19-Jun-2014
9:45:57 AM
yep, I am but tomorrow is now today, as i only noticed this morning . Friday might be better. I'll PM my #

There are 14 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints