Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 26
Author
climbing partner, grampians or arapiles.

dobbo
18-Mar-2014
7:43:43 PM
Hi all, im a 43 yr old male looking for a climbing partner for the 7th to 11th april. Ive only done a bit of indoor climbing and a out door abseiling so looking for some one to show me the ropes. i do have some gear to use if need be.You can leave a message here or email dobbo36@hotmail.com
simey
19-Mar-2014
3:53:27 PM
Damian Javonovich (or however you spell his fcukin name... aka One Day Hero) and Stuart Williams will probably jump at this opportunity. I will pass the word onto them.

dobbo
19-Mar-2014
3:58:56 PM
Cool, thanks for that.

ajfclark
19-Mar-2014
4:09:56 PM
What you're requesting would generally cost a few hundred dollars a day from a qualified guide. You might be hard pressed to get a positive reaction on this forum asking for it for free. If you're interested in hiring a professional, there's a few about that do it. Off the top of my head: Arapiles Climbing Guides, Hangin' Out in the Grampians, The Climbing Company...

Perhaps some of the climbing clubs such as the VCC might have a trip suitable for a beginner?

[edit: There's one to Camels Hump with the VCC at the end of the month: http://www.vicclimb.org.au/index.php?location=events#291. They don't require you to be a member for the first couple of trips and even if you did join off the bat, it's way cheaper that hiring a guide for a day. ]

Duang Daunk
19-Mar-2014
4:12:34 PM
On 19/03/2014 simey wrote:
>Damian Javonovich (or however you spell his fcukin name... aka One Day
>Hero) and Stuart Williams will probably jump at this opportunity. I will
>pass the word onto them.
>

I saw you change that post from Damian Sonofabitch to Damian Javonovich, and for your further information, I am reliably informed that Stuart has other things on his agenda for the nominated time period; however there is an almost has been once was glory climber out Nati way named Simon, who I am told, loves taking new climbers out to show them the rope, though it sometimes helps his enthusiasm if the request comes from the more effeminate version of the species.
Jules Truong
19-Mar-2014
4:17:10 PM
Simon who ? curious …where are U FROM ?
Jules Truong
19-Mar-2014
4:18:50 PM
Simon Mentz ?

ChuckNorris
19-Mar-2014
9:45:03 PM
On 19/03/2014 Duang Daunk wrote:

>and for your further information, I am reliably informed that Stuart has
>other things on his agenda for the nominated time period;

thanks DD. You really are a most reliable sub-contractor. Expect a little extra in this months payment.

Eduardo Slabofvic
19-Mar-2014
11:37:34 PM
On 19/03/2014 stugang wrote:
>On 19/03/2014 Duang Daunk wrote:
>
>>and for your further information, I am reliably informed that Stuart
>has
>> his period for the nominated time agenda;
>
>thanks DD. You really are a most reliable sub-contractor. Expect a little
>extra in this months payment.

One Day Hero
20-Mar-2014
12:54:15 AM
On 18/03/2014 dobbo wrote:
>Hi all, im a 43 yr old male looking for a climbing partner for the 7th
>to 11th april. Ive only done a bit of indoor climbing and a out door abseiling
>so looking for some one to show me the ropes. i do have some gear to use
>if need be.You can leave a message here or email dobbo36@hotmail.com

Hi dobbo, good to hear that you've found out about the Arapiles easter orientation program which is running again this year. So, we'll be sticking to pretty much the same schedule as last year (nothing on the friday, but all systems go on the other three days). Simey has graciously volunteered to be the 2014 organiser/coordinator, whose job it is to match up people new to climbing with their instructor.
Because people are coming in from all over and the campground is sure to be crowded, Simey has suggested that we avoid confusion by meeting at his place in Natimuk on saturday morning for coffee and introductions. We'll have a bit of instruction to get through followed by a big day of climbing, so meetup time is 6 a.m. Now, I think Simey is in the middle of a move, so best to ask any of the local climbers in town to point you to his new place (make sure to sort this out on Good Friday, I wouldn't like your chances of finding anyone up and about in Nati at 6 in the morning).
Anyway, looking forward to meeting all the new climbers. I'm 60% sure that I'll be able to make it down, but no doubt the ever resourceful Simey will organise a replacement if I'm unfortunately unable to attend.

cheerio, ODH
eosn
20-Mar-2014
10:35:53 AM
Hi,

Just out of curiosity, is this easter orientation program catered to those who have never done outdoor climbing in general, or those who have never done trad climbing but have some experience outdoors?

shortman
20-Mar-2014
11:45:21 AM
On 20/03/2014 Jigglypuff wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Just out of curiosity, is this easter orientation program catered to those
>who have never done outdoor climbing in general, or those who have never
>done trad climbing but have some experience outdoors?
>
>Thanks :)

Hi Jigglypuff....you have a really cool name. My friend above is a cheeky bugger and was being a bit facetious. There is no easter orientation program.
eosn
20-Mar-2014
11:50:07 AM
Ahhh, righto! Hehe, mild embarrassment, hahaha...sorry! :P

shortman
20-Mar-2014
11:53:16 AM
>Ahhh, righto! Hehe, mild embarrassment, hahaha...sorry! :P

Embarrassment is always easier on the internet though... :)
pecheur
20-Mar-2014
12:30:10 PM
On 20/03/2014 shortman wrote:
>On 20/03/2014 Jigglypuff wrote:
>>Ahhh, righto! Hehe, mild embarrassment, hahaha...sorry! :P
>
>Embarrassment is always easier on the internet though... :)

Ah Dan you're no fun, I PM'd her so we could see how many others this would attract.

I may mention this to Em if I remember next time I see her ...

Duang Daunk
20-Mar-2014
4:59:09 PM
>where are U FROM ?
Jules, I am from Victoria (not the bluies thank god), so sorry, I am not available to climb with you at the moment.

On 19/03/2014 Edward Oslabofvic wrote:
>On 19/03/2014 stugang wrote:
>On 19/03/2014 Duang Daunk wrote:
>
>>and for your further information, I am reliably informed that Stuart
>>has his period for the nominated time agenda;
>
>thanks DD. You really are a most reliable sub-contractor. Expect a little
>extra in this months payment.

Good to hear from you again Eddie.
What time would you like me to schedule your transfusion for, this Easter? Of course if you are unavailable due to helping Simon out with the orientation programme I fully understand, and can reschedule you later if you wish.
Regards
Duang

On 20/03/2014 shortman wrote:
>On 20/03/2014 Jigglypuff wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>Just out of curiosity, is this easter orientation program catered to
>>those who have never done outdoor climbing in general, or those who have never
>>done trad climbing but have some experience outdoors?
>>
>>Thanks :)
>
>Hi Jigglypuff....you have a really cool name. My friend above is a cheeky
>bugger and was being a bit facetious. There is no easter orientation program.

Why are you trolling newcomers on Chocky shortie?
You of all people know best that Easter is THE indoctrination period par excellence for climbing at The Araps, for many a horde of climbers. In fact if it wasn’t for the Easter opportunities that present, our friend Simon would be all at sea, and as it is early footie season his time is too precious to muck about elsewhere.
Are you trying to take over his gig? If so this surprises me as I thought there was a slackline thing being included for newbs this orientation as well, and surely you would be too busy to take on the overall coordination role?
simey
20-Mar-2014
6:19:27 PM
On 20/03/2014 One Day Hero wrote:
>Hi dobbo, good to hear that you've found out about the Arapiles easter
>orientation program which is running again this year. So, we'll be sticking
>to pretty much the same schedule as last year (nothing on the friday, but
>all systems go on the other three days). Simey has graciously volunteered
>to be the 2014 organiser/coordinator, whose job it is to match up people
>new to climbing with their instructor.
>Because people are coming in from all over and the campground is sure
>to be crowded, Simey has suggested that we avoid confusion by meeting at
>his place in Natimuk on saturday morning for coffee and introductions.
>We'll have a bit of instruction to get through followed by a big day of
>climbing, so meetup time is 6 a.m. Now, I think Simey is in the middle
>of a move, so best to ask any of the local climbers in town to point you
>to his new place (make sure to sort this out on Good Friday, I wouldn't
>like your chances of finding anyone up and about in Nati at 6 in the morning).
>Anyway, looking forward to meeting all the new climbers. I'm 60% sure
>that I'll be able to make it down, but no doubt the ever resourceful Simey
>will organise a replacement if I'm unfortunately unable to attend.
>
>cheerio, ODH

Thanks ODH for letting the newcomers know what is going on with the Easter orientation program. As for the exact address of where to meet, I think it is 31 Elmes St (look for house on high stumps). I won't be there quite then (I will be busy with some extra curricular activities), but there will be a fellow by the name of Eduardo who will make the coffee and get the introductions going. He is really friendly and will be looking forward to this, so make sure you are there at 6am on the dot.

simey
20-Mar-2014
6:27:58 PM
>Hi,
>
>Just out of curiosity, is this easter orientation program catered to those
>who have never done outdoor climbing in general, or those who have never
>done trad climbing but have some experience outdoors?
>
>Thanks :)

Hi Jigglypuff and julestruong, it looks like the Easter orientation program is full (now that Dobbo has signed up) but I am pretty sure Eduardo, Stugang and One Day Hero can cover things without me, so that means I will be able to make myself available to you latecomers. Just PM your personal details through to me and we will see what we can work out.

Eduardo Slabofvic
20-Mar-2014
8:08:58 PM
That's right, 31 Elmes Street for introductions and orientation,then it's straight across the road to the Colonic Irrigation Dojo in the white hose opposite for the first round of treatment.

Then it straight out to the crag where we will hang around the Golden Streak boulder in our Dunlop KT26s, practicing our forms.

Later, once someone shows up who can hold our hand, we'll mill about underneath some hard climb somewhere, offering up useless advice.

If there's time, we can talk loudly about things we know nothing about, and the soon to be published "Rock Climbers Guide to Routes at Mount Arapiles that Utilize Past Participles"

Then it's off to the footy oval for a celebratory shower with the Rams (or is Diggers .... or is Ram Diggers, Dam Riggers, Ram Shaggers, something like that), and a slap up meal of boiled potatoes and a bottle of Melbourne Bitter.

We can relax after this whilst thumbing through old dog-eared copies of Rock and Mountain (if you find any with the pages stuck together, just put them back on the bottom).

Participants will then make their way to their billets, which can be found down the dirt road end of Station Street.

Make checks out to Climbing Australia Super High (just use the acronym - it's easier).

dobbo
20-Mar-2014
8:24:17 PM
I haven't signed up to any thing yet, i won't be about at easter, i did put up the dates that i will be there. So if any one can help out that would be great.

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 26
There are 26 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints