Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Trip to Australia from Boston
billybob2th
10-Oct-2013
6:24:36 PM
Hello everyone,

my name is Diego and I will be visiting Sydney in December from Boston, USA. I would love to see when there is a climbing trip In December so I can plan my trip around it and join in. Or even if you know of any where I can guided trips or a group of people going out in December, that wouldn't mind a tag a long. Your helps means a lot and it would be awful if I go all the way to Australia and don't get to climb.

Thanks, Diego.

nmonteith
10-Oct-2013
10:53:25 PM
Hi Diego,

If you're in Sydney then the most popular place for climbing (in December) is the Blue Mountains (90 minutes drive west from Sydney). On a good weekend there are hundreds of climbers up there, spread across many crags - from short single pitch sport within minutes of cafes to remote multi-pitch choss trad horrors. It's reasonably easy to turn-up to a popular Blue Mtns sport crags such as Upper Shipley or Centennial Glen and find a climbing partner. Or the cafes in the town of Blackheath are a good bet. If you get really desperate there are a couple of guiding services up there. I guess it depends on how much time you have - if you only have a couple of days then a guide might be a good plan to maximize your fun, but if you have a week or more and don't mind playing belayer roulette then just turn up!

rodw
11-Oct-2013
7:38:24 AM
Yeah just spam for partner here closer to the fact...someone will bite. Give more info on what ya want to do to..trad/sport...grades etc? what type of transport you will have (having your own car makes life easier)

Drake
13-Oct-2013
9:02:57 PM
Hi Diego,

I moved from Boston to Sydney a year ago, and I go climbing in the Blues most every weekend. I'd be happy to take you out for a day of climbing while you're visiting; the situation has a nice symmetry to it.

Send me a pm when your trip gets closer, and we'll make a plan.

There are 4 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints