Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Things to do in Churchill?

MarcusfromHamilton
21-Jan-2013
10:21:22 PM
G'day all,
I'm most likely heading to Churchill, Vic this year to live and was sad to find a lack of climbing areas nearby. I was wondering if anyone knew of any nearby gyms or woodies(of those keen to share). There's a couple larger towns nearby (morwell, traralgon, moe) but google hasnt shown anything for me yet.
Cheers.

Eduardo Slabofvic
22-Jan-2013
11:29:32 AM
I don't know Churchill, but if you are near Morwell/Taralgon (and you have my sympathies there), then Mt Erica is the closest climbing I'm aware of. It's granite boulders. I've only been bouldering there, but I think there might be some routes as well.

I have a vague memory of someone posting about some other places to the south, so maybe try using the search function.

shortman
22-Jan-2013
11:52:04 AM
Mt Erica is great for a day out. The carrots all look well past it. With a couple of decent mats most lines just become highballs.

MarcusfromHamilton
22-Jan-2013
12:45:09 PM
Hmm outlook does seem bleak...
Thanks for the help though. I've tried searching for pretty much every town nearby but without one of the keywords from the topic I'm not having much luck.
Looks I might have to get used to the drive to mt Erica!

MarcusfromHamilton
22-Jan-2013
12:48:24 PM
Scratch that! I found the post.
Anyone reading this post in a similar position follow this link and you'll be sorted.

http://www.chockstone.org/Forum/Forum.asp?Action=Display&ForumID=15&MessageID=18900&Replies=22

Thanks guys
TheHoss
31-Jan-2013
7:42:13 PM
Hey, I just moved to churchill too. Going to go check out Mt Erica on saturday. Its not feeling good.. I would definitely be keen for a trip or two somewhere though if your up for it. At uni here?

JamesMc
31-Jan-2013
8:50:11 PM
Go to uni.

JamesMc

MarcusfromHamilton
31-Jan-2013
11:06:20 PM
Thanks James, it was in front of me all along. Who knew...
TheHoss, yep, I'm gonna be in my first year of engineering in a couple weeks. You?
I would absolutely be up to some trips!

JamesMc
1-Feb-2013
7:22:41 AM
When l lived in Gippsland, l mostly climbed in the Grampians, but did a bit around Buchan. There's a fair unit of climbing to do at The Watchtower up from Licola now.

JamesMc
TheHoss
13-Feb-2013
10:57:11 PM
Ive just started Post Grad Medicine so im pretty busy, but weekends are always good.
Will be sussing out the bouldering on the beach at the prom, I checked out the Mt erica rocks they could be fun. Does anyone know how well maintained the bolts are there?

JamesMc, is there a guide or anything floating around for the watchtower? Ive never heard of it.
dalai
13-Feb-2013
11:00:30 PM
On 13/02/2013 TheHoss wrote:
>Does anyone know how well maintained
>the bolts are there?

Not - expect the bolts to all be from the FA
>
>is there a guide or anything floating around for the watchtower?
>Ive never heard of it.

Eastern Vic guide.

There are 11 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints