Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
soon in Melbourne

happydude
15-Dec-2012
2:40:37 PM
Finally flight tickets done and ready to go. Will land in Melbourne evening 18th dec. Want to explore the climbing around, arapiles, buffalo, gramps or whatever and looking for happy climbers to tag along with. Will carry a 60m, some quickdraws, a few nuts and the other basics (shoes harness... tent...) (no car). At moment lead sports up to16-17ish but hopping for progress during next couple of weeks. Just started with trad and very excited about it. So any people want to tag along and put up with a happy trad rookie let me know.

Also, any suggestion on nice chep backpackers in Melbourne for when I arrive, It would be nice with one close to climbing gym with boulder capabilities to warm up after leaving the plane... read there is a gym in Nunwading... any thoughts good/cheap living somewhere around there???

Happy times to all of u!
niclasforsmark@gmail.com

Miguel75
15-Dec-2012
3:03:40 PM
You're welcome to tag along with us whenever my friends and I head out though I usually head to the local crags around Melbourne. My email address is in my profile.

happydude
15-Dec-2012
6:12:07 PM
Sounds nice, which are the local crags? I just want to get out on some rock soon, so I may drop you an email when I arrive.
bones
15-Dec-2012
7:46:30 PM
>Also, any suggestion on nice chep backpackers in Melbourne for when I
>arrive, It would be nice with one close to climbing gym with boulder capabilities
>to warm up after leaving the plane... read there is a gym in Nunwading...
>any thoughts good/cheap living somewhere around there???

Nanawading is pretty far out of town -
theres also a climbing gym in the city, a free bouldering wall near the river close to the city, and a good bouldering gym closer in aswell. Better to stay closer to the city and use these. Heaps of backpackers in the city, and probably some in Richmond, which would be close to both bouldering venues...

Miguel75
15-Dec-2012
8:33:24 PM
On 15/12/2012 happydude wrote:
>Sounds nice, which are the local crags? SNIP

Local areas include; Werribee Gorge, Camels Hump, You Yangs, Ben Cairn, Mt. Alex and Cathedrals. They're all a but of fun though nothing like Araps or the Gramp;)

I may have missed it but where are you coming in from?

happydude
15-Dec-2012
10:02:10 PM
Bones, thanks for the tips, after some googling around have found some more central ones, and looks like (hopefully) there will be no need of booking backpackers, a bunch to choose from.

Miguel, Good will do some reading up on them, think I've heard about some of them. Will be flying in from kiwiland, am a swede studying in nz and having (much earned) summer vacation right now. Me, my backpack, a tent and climbing gear all ready for adventures:)

There are 6 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints