Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Arapiles first week of January 2013

coconut
15-Dec-2012
7:36:28 AM
Hi everyone.
I will be back to Arapiles in January, for a month, or whatever, depending on whom will be there.
I have 13 years experience, never hurt anyone (not on a climb that is !), have a full rack and rope , lead up to 19 at the moment and working towards getting back leading 20-21.

Need someone energetic who can climb all day.

Merry Xmas and happy new year !

happydude
15-Dec-2012
2:48:03 PM
If you have no problem with patience for one who is new to the trad stuff, I might be in the arapiles begining of Jan. coming in to melbourne soon and don't really have many plans, not the planning type. Have 60m rope, half dussin nuts (as I said new to trad), and some draws. What I know for sure, I'll be looking for happy paople to climb with, and want to climb alot.

coconut
16-Dec-2012
10:27:09 AM
Hi Happydude.
Thanks for the offer. How long have you been climbing ? Up to what grade do you climb ? I understand your need to learn from more experienced climbers but I do that so often that I don't get to climb in my grades. If need to, you can find climbing guides in Natimuk.
See you around the Pines. I can always help you on my rest day if you are in low grades.

Have fun
Lockydoc
16-Dec-2012
1:15:52 PM
Hey I'm gOnna be at araps from the 3rd of jan. I havnt climbed in a little while but was leading 18-19 last time I was climbing and can 2nd up to about 22-23. Also have full rack and lots of exp

happydude
16-Dec-2012
2:15:25 PM
Fully understand you, started climbing a little more than one and a half years ago. The first half or so year just indoor, mostly bouldering. This year I've been doing sports single pitches outside, not as much as I wanted so I'm only doing leads on 16 in comfort. Top ropes up to 20. And just got introduced to trad stuff so don't really know what grade, and no multipitching yet. So that's my climbing history, very short but the begining of something good I hope. Anyway, should be able to find some people around my experience. Hope you'll get some happy climbing.
jonkilc
19-Dec-2012
9:03:11 AM
Hey coconut and luckydoc,

I'm also planning on climbing at Araps (and perhaps Gramps) in the first week of Jan. I've not done a whole lot of climbing this year since arriving in Melbourne, but was leading up to 24 (sport), 20 (trad) before leaving Brisbane. I'm probably only a 18-20 climber atm (thanks to Burnley Bouldering :). I also have a rope a fairly full rack and draws. I've been climbing for around 10 years. Not up to smashing myself (esp. considering the expected hot weather), but keen for some decent sessions. I hope to get out there around 2-5 Jan. If that works for you guys, let me know

Jon

There are 6 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints