Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
young 22 year old looking for climbing partner
robbieA
18-Nov-2012
5:41:53 PM
hi guys just looking for a new climbing partner around ballarat area i'm a 22 year old male that is looking for someone to go climbing with.

coconut
18-Nov-2012
6:59:50 PM
Ha ha ! Is this to reply to my notorious year old post !? Sorry mate , I have become a nun since my last sojourn in Nati ! T'was very , very traumatic:(
But hey, I suggest you may want to mention your climbing level you're at , if you got gear , how many year experience...
Good luck
robbieA
18-Nov-2012
8:16:12 PM
don't know who you are , i only just joined tonight , and while im here i have done a fair bit of indoor climbing and a little bit of outdoor , i also have all of my equipment and am looking for someone who likes to do both and do a bit of hiking also

E. Wells
18-Nov-2012
9:27:03 PM
Hah! The good ol' "do both" routine eh? you up to yer old tricks again, You know me , I guess if you can still do the blue goose on a qaurtzite pebble I have a belay here and wai...oh, wait, sorry, I thought you were George. oops. goodevening.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
18-Nov-2012
9:58:08 PM
On 18/11/2012 coconut wrote:
>Ha ha ! Is this to reply to my notorious year old post !? Sorry
>mate , I have become a nun since my last sojourn in Nati ! T'was
> very , very traumatic:(

On 18/11/2012 robbieA wrote:
>hi guys just looking for a new climbing partner around ballarat area i'm
>a 22 year old male that is looking for someone to go climbing with.

22 eh?
~> http://www.chockstone.org/Forum/Forum.asp?Action=Display&ForumID=3&MessageID=10465

(G'day coconut! Heh, heh, heh.)
;-)

coconut
18-Nov-2012
10:34:19 PM
He he he ! Thanks for that mate ! Brings back old memory. Yeah, good on you for warning the novices ! :))
Sorry RobbieA. This is normal on Chockstone. Welcome.
I am still looking for someone to climb with, up to grade 20. Will be at Araps for a while , but will head off to Moonaries if no one turns up here.
pennyb
22-Nov-2012
12:28:25 PM
Hi Corinne,

I may be heading to araps tomorrow arvo to climb the weekend...either there or gramps. Fairly new to the scene (my first season climbing here) got rope but no other gear yet. Have started leading low grade trad (11-13s), can follow up 18/19s and dog up 20+s!

0447580026. Let me know if you're still in the area and looking for a climbing partner.

Penny
Mike Bee
26-Nov-2012
10:21:24 AM
On 18/11/2012 coconut wrote:
>Will be at Araps for a while , but will head off to Moonaries if
> no one turns up here.

Check the weather before doing that. This time of year is normally nasty hot at Moonarie. We've been in the low 30s for the last few days in Adelaide, that would normally mean (without checking) that Wilpena would be been getting 37 or so.

If there's no love for finding climbing partners at Araps, you'll be pushing shit up hill to get a catch at Moonarie as there probably won't be anyone else up there. Best to try Stapylton in the Gramps.

coconut
28-Nov-2012
12:59:36 AM
Hey guys, and RobbieA, there are plenty of climbing partner to find on the spot at The Pines at Arapiles. I have had partners everyday. Yes, Moonaries may be too hot right now.
prb
28-Nov-2012
2:56:20 AM
Moonarie will be perfect about Easter time, and a lot less crowded than Arapiles.

JamesMc
28-Nov-2012
6:54:53 AM
robbieA, track down the Western Vic Climbing Club.

JamesMc

There are 11 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints