Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Black Diamond "STOPPER" Set. (Sizes 4 to 13) - 10 pieces. Comes with a "free" karabiner for racking.   $109.00
16% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
To friends of Eddy Rawlins

VCC
19/10/2012
9:59:35 PM
I am sad to say that Eddy is not at all well. He has been suffering seizures caused by brain tumours and is in Austin Hospital. The past few days he has not been coherent and unable to communicate, obviously wants to say things but can't get the words out. Yesterday was much improved though - eating and communicating, although he still gets a bit confused, he recognises visitors now.

If anyone would like to visit, he is in the Austin Hospital, Harold Stokes Building, 9C bed 1.

Visitors are encouraged because the stimulation is good for him. Visiting hours are 11am to 8pm.
I advise going with another, then he can listen in on your conversation without having to struggle too much, makes it easier all round.

http://www.brain.org.au/epilepsyresearch/images/docs/getting_to_austin_info.pdf

Regards,
Ben

ajfclark
19/10/2012
10:33:11 PM
:-(

I won't be able to make it down anytime soon. Could you say hi for me next time you go in?

JamesMc
20/10/2012
5:20:28 PM
That's terrible news.

JamesMc

tufa_humpa
21/10/2012
12:29:42 AM
Thanks Ben, we wouldn't have known otherwise. Will head in tomorrow.

BenHev
22/10/2012
9:36:49 PM
Visited again this evening, Eddy has improved a lot since last week. He recognised us without any problem and was communicating ok, and he's back on solid food. He's still going to be in for quite a while though so visitors are weclome.

Ben

ajfclark
23/10/2012
6:43:59 AM
That's good news Ben.

VCC
23/10/2012
11:10:16 AM
Good news from Cameron:

I have just spoken with Mandy, one of Eddies daughter's. Apparently they are moving Eddy today to the Austin Repatriation Hospital, this will be happening around 10ish this morning. Mandy says that this is in preparation for sending him home.

Things are a bit vague on the location
Entry off Waterdale Road, thru gate 9
Turn left at the Café, into Boronia Street He is in a 3 story building (name unkown) Apparently there is parking outside/near the building that he is in

Edit-Edit: Flanders Wing, floor 3, room 13 (I think).

Here is a link to an online map.
http://www.austin.org.au/Assets/Maps/Files/HRHMapBW.pdf

Not sure who else should be told, so feel free to pass this information on.
---------------------

Ben

BenHev
5/11/2012
8:27:46 PM
I'm sorry to say that Eddy passed away last Thursday, November 1st.

Tributes may be left here after the funeral service.

The funeral notice is here. As it says the funeral will be held on Thursday (Nov. 8) at 11 a.m. at the Elphinstone Cemetery.

The cemetary is here

Heather

richard
6/11/2012
12:49:00 PM
We will miss very much Eddy's friendship and generosity that he gave us and the kids - and the atmosphere that he provided around the camp ground at Araps. I've just realized that Nov 8th is his 71st birthday. Unfortunatey we can't be there as we're currently in the US, but we're certinaly thinking of him.

Richard

Rupert
6/11/2012
9:08:24 PM
Really sad news. He was a real gentleman. I really enjoyed the many days we had climbing all over Vic.

Rosco.
8/11/2012
9:12:17 PM
Very sorry to hear the sad news of Eddy's passing, A true gentleman and so generous with his time.
I am left with good memories of great climbing trips, He will be sadly missed. Sorry I couldn't make it to the Funeral.
Ross.

There are 11 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints