Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Climb Tasmania
s1Mon.at
14-Feb-2011
7:36:11 PM
Holla,

so I am heading over to Tassie in about one week, can't tell you exactly when because I have not bought my ticket yet. I'll probably fly in (ferry seems overpriced?), so I will be in Hobart.

Highly motivated to hit the rocks out there, probably best to get a rental car and cruise around, I assume. I climb up to 25 or something (have yet to get used to this weird rating scale here), will do everything from bouldering to trad. I do carry my own gear, but nothing else ... so you'd need to bring the rest (sorry, just too heavy).

Anyone out there interested? If so, I could also adapt my travel plans accordingly, I guess. I plan to spend something between a week and 10 days on Tassie ... so approximately from the 25th to the 7th, to put down some numbers.

It will probably best to just call me up: 0424 420 753.

Sincerely,
Simon from Austria (no Kangaroos in Austria)

IdratherbeclimbingM9
14-Feb-2011
8:37:29 PM
On 14/02/2011 s1Mon.at wrote:
>Simon from Austria (no Kangaroos in Austria)

~> ... but you had better learn to appreciate* them here, as they have the potential to ruin your Aussie experience otherwise!

(*I had to take evasive action this morning on the motorcycle to avoid one!).

Miguel75
14-Feb-2011
8:43:35 PM
M9, you could have nailed it and sold the meat to WW&S for a tidy profit...

IdratherbeclimbingM9
14-Feb-2011
9:02:20 PM
On 14/02/2011 Miguel75 wrote:
>M9, you could have nailed it and sold the meat to WW&S for a tidy profit...

I doubt he would pay the mark up to cover the damage to the bike!
Heh, heh, heh.
s1Mon.at
14-Feb-2011
9:09:32 PM
Don't get me wrong here; I do appreciate Kangaroos, but since they won't belay me, only up to a limited amount.

So, who would belay me on Tassie since those Kangaroos are good for nothing but being eaten, if that?

And before selling the meat, M9, you should host a big bbq feast. And invite me.

Miguel75
14-Feb-2011
9:33:07 PM
On 14/02/2011 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>On 14/02/2011 Miguel75 wrote:
>>M9, you could have nailed it and sold the meat to WW&S for a tidy profit...
>
> I doubt he would pay the mark up to cover the damage to the bike!
>Heh, heh, heh.

True. It could be fun though!!! I just helped Dad give his new bike a clean. It sounds nice and looks even nicer, no wonder he will only let me ride his old VTR 250...

IdratherbeclimbingM9
14-Feb-2011
9:39:28 PM
On 14/02/2011 s1Mon.at wrote:
>And before selling the meat, M9, you should host a big bbq feast. And invite me.

bbq?
What is that?
We are Australian mate, and our equivalent is known as a Boree Log...

Are you up for roasted sulpher crested c0ckatoo? I need to thin the buggers out that are eating my apple crop...
Heh, heh, heh.
s1Mon.at
14-Feb-2011
10:39:08 PM
I am yet to be familiarized with a Boree Log. Oh sorry.

It's getting a bit more concrete now, so I think I will be in Tassie from around 28th of Feb to 7th of Mar.

O Climbers, where art thou?

Miguel75
14-Feb-2011
11:04:50 PM
On 14/02/2011 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>bbq?
>What is that?
>We are Australian mate, and our equivalent is known as a Boree Log...
>
>Are you up for roasted sulpher crested c0ckatoo? I need to thin the buggers
>out that are eating my apple crop...
>Heh, heh, heh.

I'm an Aussie (debatable) and had no idea what a boree log was either! I'm keen for some c--katoo too!

EDIT: My post was deemed offensive for the use of c#ckatoo... interesting
s1Mon.at
22-Feb-2011
1:32:39 PM
It's on guys, I booked my flights.

Going to be on Tassie from Feb 28 to March 9th.

Damn, anyone out there motivated to do some climbing (I'd be especially keen, as anyone, to do the Totem Pole.)

Ring me up! 0424420753

Simon
grangrump
22-Feb-2011
2:24:17 PM
did you try thesarvo?
http://www.thesarvo.com/confluence/display/thesarvo/Tasmania

There are 11 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints