Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Trip Reports

Tells Us About Your Latest Trip!

Author
TR: Gibraltar peak
tor.lattimore
9-Sep-2013
10:03:31 AM
Had an interesting day "climbing" yesterday.

Jayford4321
9-Sep-2013
10:38:05 AM
You, your climbing partner, someone else, or photoshopped?
Cool pic btw.
tor.lattimore
9-Sep-2013
10:55:14 AM
My climbing partner. Not photoshopped, although that could have been a good idea. It was a lot of effort walking up, climbing the easy side, hauling the steep side and then reversing it all. No other climbers about, but the few walkers we did encounter seemed a little non-plussed.
One Day Hero
9-Sep-2013
11:25:08 AM
On 9/09/2013 tor.lattimore wrote:
>No other climbers about, but
>the few walkers we did encounter seemed a little non-plussed.

They would have been more impressed if you'd tried Skylark (the route up the cool steep wall on the left)
jono_1
9-Sep-2013
11:36:36 AM
Did he ride down!

Duang Daunk
9-Sep-2013
12:04:57 PM
On 9/09/2013 tor.lattimore wrote:
>Had an interesting day "climbing" yesterday.
>
Hah. Extreme ironing is sexier, though dalai might agree with you about it being interesting since he took up biking.

Big G
9-Sep-2013
8:57:00 PM
So old fashioned... all the young hipsters are riding fixes now
widewetandslippery
10-Sep-2013
8:28:46 AM
On 9/09/2013 One Day Hero wrote:
>On 9/09/2013 tor.lattimore wrote:
>>No other climbers about, but
>>the few walkers we did encounter seemed a little non-plussed.
>
>They would have been more impressed if you'd tried Skylark (the route
>up the cool steep wall on the left)

ODH have you done skylark? I tried it in my teens and got to the crack but I had 1#1,#2,#3 friends with me, got gripped/had no idea how to climb a crack and failed. It looks awesome, is it?
One Day Hero
10-Sep-2013
10:28:37 AM
On 10/09/2013 widewetandslippery wrote:
>ODH have you done skylark? I tried it in my teens and got to the crack
>but I had 1#1,#2,#3 friends with me, got gripped/had no idea how to climb
>a crack and failed. It looks awesome, is it?

Yeah, it's really good. Would have been a bit disturbing with that rack, it's 2.5 friend all the way once you hit the crack. Overhanging thin hands for normal climbers.....Wendy had perfect hand jams with her midget mitts, downgraded it to 16 I think!?!?!

IdratherbeclimbingM9
10-Sep-2013
12:51:04 PM
On 10/09/2013 One Day Hero wrote:
>Would have been a bit disturbing with that rack,

I reckon ww&s would be up to the task...
widewetandslippery
10-Sep-2013
1:05:34 PM
thats the point M9, i wasnt! Its the headwall in the pic above the overlap and I had 1 piece of gear that would fit in it. I had a serious bout of the amazing shinking ball disease.
grangrump
10-Sep-2013
5:16:52 PM
>Its the headwall in the pic above the overlap

Looking remarkably like the Phantom, in profile, gazing out at Canberra!

wallwombat
10-Sep-2013
8:16:32 PM

>I had a serious bout of the amazing shinking ball disease.

You had that on the second pitch of Hermes too but you managed to battle through.

It was inspiring.
dalai
10-Sep-2013
11:23:51 PM
On 9/09/2013 Duang Daunk wrote:
>On 9/09/2013 tor.lattimore wrote:
>>Had an interesting day "climbing" yesterday.
>>
>Hah. Extreme ironing is sexier, though dalai might agree with you about
>it being interesting since he took up biking.

Rather ride my bike than bother doing something like that. Talking off which I should finish breakfast and get out and ride...

There are 14 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints