Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Trip Reports

Tells Us About Your Latest Trip!

Topic Date User
TR The Iliad (16), Sublime Point, Blue Mtns 5-Aug-2013 At 10:28:58 PM jrc
Great TR Neil & Paul. For some reason Sublime has always had an appeal to me, i think i must like the height.After doing Queens Shift and Perseus (neither particularly recommended) we went onto Sweet Dreams on Keith Royce's recommendation. Keith assured us we would know we were on route when we got to the bolt. The bolt on the climb was next to the step-across. I repeated it with Nat in 1982,
In the late 90s we went up Bentrovarto, Hells Bells, Oedipus and Knights Mare - all recommended; all fairly original (well Bentro has some bolts from the modern 'directs' that cross P2) if you want the "trad" (I hate that word) experience go get on them! That said KM could probably do with a new bolt to replace the 50 y.old one on its crux and one at the belay at the base of the last pitch. The "tree anchor" appears to be missing after all. KM is a great hot day climb btw.

I went back with 2 young friends to do S Dreams in 2005. Somehow it had acquired lots more bolts(eg 20)!! and on fairly easy ground. Very convenient especially with inexperienced followers. I'd have to say, but for those amongst you looking to vent about the degradation (detradation(?)) of ancient routes SD would be a more appropriate opportunity rather than making an example about upgrading some dodgy old peg.

There are 30 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints