Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Trip Reports

Tells Us About Your Latest Trip!

Author
Aaron & Clara do the Rift
f_ladou
18-Oct-2012
5:30:56 PM
While Dominik, Alex and I we were traveling in the Land of the Long White Cloud, Radhika and Suzie were staying in Little Hartley, taking care of Aaron and Clara. Their story – according to Dominik – goes something like this: Aaron was born in Sweden, one of many, many siblings, but move to Bielefeld, Germany, where Dominik met him at the local Ikea. There was an instant animal attraction. On a trip to St. Moritz with Dominik, Aaron met Clara on the mountain side playing avalanche. That was 1999. It was love at first sight. Since then they have been inseparable and have lived together in Cologne, London and Sydney but have relocated in Little Hartley recently. Life in Little Hartley, sitting on a shelf, can be at times too much of a long quiet river...

Suzie and Radhika were kind enough to take them on a little climbing trip to Heathcliff. They don't climb very often and it was a special day for them. It not too often that two moose have the chance to climb "The Rift", a fun grade 19, 3 pitch climb. Check it out.

Good Morning Little Hartley!!!

Hanging out for that soy hot choc and latte at Altitude...

Stocking up for a protein filled crag lunch!

Oh, where will we climb! It's pretty cold out...

Approaching Heathcliff

C'mon! Just go for it!! You can do it!! It's all there! That hold looks BOMMER!!

WHIPPPPEEEERRRRR!!!

...sorry dude. It did look like a jug….

The Rift

So pumped to be leading the money pitch!!

I LOVE THIS SHIT!!!

...ahhhh, perfect end to a perfect day...wine by the fire in Little Hartley…

All pictures and caption Suzie Daniells and Radhika Kumar.

benjenga
18-Oct-2012
6:49:50 PM
You should win a gold star for the most original TR I have ever read. Loved it.

rodw
18-Oct-2012
6:51:24 PM
Best trip report ever.
One Day Hero
18-Oct-2012
7:27:27 PM
Yep, that's a classic. Nice one.
martym
18-Oct-2012
8:09:19 PM
I think we've found the answer to this forum:
http://www.chockstone.org/Forum/Forum.asp?Action=Display&ForumID=1&MessageID=114289&Replies=11 introduction to climbing for kids!
You should print it out as a story book! Well done.

shortman
18-Oct-2012
8:09:37 PM
Grouse!

IdratherbeclimbingM9
18-Oct-2012
9:11:15 PM
I am glad I am not too old to appreciate that excellent trip report.

Thank you Suzie Daniells, Radhika Kumar, and f_ladou for bringing it to us.

jezza
18-Oct-2012
9:12:42 PM
There's not enough sex in this trip report.
simone
18-Oct-2012
9:20:19 PM
On 18/10/2012 jezza wrote:
>There's not enough sex in this trip report.

Feel free to post one accordingly, and please don't forget to include plenty of photos.

pmonks
19-Oct-2012
7:46:59 AM
On 18/10/2012 simey. wrote:
>On 18/10/2012 jezza wrote:
>>There's not enough sex in this trip report.
>
>Feel free to post one accordingly, and please don't forget to include
> plenty of photos.

Forget photos, here's a movie!
NinaCh
21-Oct-2012
3:06:30 PM
Love it, awesome work Francois!

There are 11 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints