Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Set of 11 "Wallnuts" (1 to 11) N/B NEW Anodized colours!!! New "lighter" version. Steve's favourite wired Nuts.  $169.00
15% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Trip Reports

Tells Us About Your Latest Trip!

Author
Choose your parents well...
Wollemi
26/12/2011
7:03:51 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/world/hittiing-his-peak-jordan-15-breaks-climbing-record-20111226-1pa3z.html
kieranl
26/12/2011
9:31:19 PM
With parents like that, who needs enemies?
GriZZly
27/12/2011
6:45:42 PM
Nowhere in the article did i read when he summited Kosciusko? Im pretty sure Indonesia is Asia in too so hes doubled up there....
Mike Bee
Online Now
27/12/2011
7:35:36 PM
I have reservations about the impact of his parents, and personally debate whether you should be rightfully be able to claim the seven summits if you used a guide, but regardless, it's a pretty amazing achivement by someone that age to tick them all.

Fingers crossed he continues to climb for his own reasons and turns into a trad climber and alpinist with pure ethics, and perhaps aims to do them all again under his own steam.

shortman
28/12/2011
9:48:18 PM
On 27/12/2011 Mike Bee wrote:
>I have reservations about the impact of his parents, and personally debate
>whether you should be rightfully be able to claim the seven summits if
>you used a guide, but regardless, it's a pretty amazing achivement by someone
>that age to tick them all.
>
>Fingers crossed he continues to climb for his own reasons and turns into
>a trad climber and alpinist with pure ethics, and perhaps aims to do them
>all again under his own steam.

Was this last paragraph for real? Pure ethics? Have a look at the world around ya.

Macciza
28/12/2011
10:19:45 PM
Have a look at the world around ya. . .
Exactly! It's farked up! As shown by this story . . .
We can only hope he finds enlightenment, but with obviously very rich parents already skewing his world view, I don't hold too many hopes . . .
He'll probably end up doing the Big 14 with guides and support teams, all for a book deal . . .
The 'youngest guided ascents' mean very little in my book . . .
One Day Hero
28/12/2011
10:34:45 PM
On 28/12/2011 Macciza wrote:
>
>He'll probably end up doing the Big 14 with guides and support teams,
>all for a book deal . . .
>The 'youngest guided ascents' mean very little in my book . . .

Who'd you get your book deal with Macca? :)
One Day Hero
28/12/2011
10:43:26 PM
And can we please stop thinking of Everesty stuff as "climbing"? Crossing over from 7 summits to trad climbing?? The two things have almost nothing to do with each other!

There are 8 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints