Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Black Diamond: SET of 8 "C4" Cams and 8 matching wire gates. Sizes .3 .4 .5 .75 1 2 3 & 4 and 8 anodised "neutrino" - wire gate karabiners.   $625.00
20% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Trip Reports

Tells Us About Your Latest Trip!

Author
Seventh Pillar

Cool Hand Lock
15/07/2011
8:47:07 PM
An American friend and I arrived at the flat rock car park bright eyed and bushy tailed at the crack of half past ten in the morning. Having played for the Rams the day before and suffering quite badly from the effects of 2 gallons(U.S. gallons) of Victoria Bitter. We set out about racking up at the car, as my rack was spread throughout.

After packing the ropes and rack in to our packs we set about walking up the horrible incline of flat rock. As we approached the crest we came accross some wimmera locals Skinny Man and Bruce. Talking of our expected triumph and their days failure on Serpentine. Bruce offered some bata on the linking of pitches and location of the rings on the far left of the wall. Just as we were parting ways he cried back... "Hope you have a head torch."... Which left me wondering for quite some time, was he serious? is it that hard? .... but no he was just messing with me. And it worked... prick.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
Online Now
15/07/2011
8:55:12 PM
On 15/07/2011 Cool Hand Lock wrote:
>An American friend and I arrived at the flat rock car park bright eyed
>and bushy tailed at the crack of half past ten in the morning. Having played
>for the Rams the day before and suffering quite badly from the effects
>of 2 gallons(U.S. gallons) of Victoria Bitter. We set out about racking
>up at the car, as my rack was spread throughout.
>
>After packing the ropes and rack in to our packs we set about walking
>up the horrible incline of flat rock. As we approached the crest we came
>accross some wimmera locals Skinny Man and Bruce. Talking of our expected
>triumph and their days failure on Serpentine. Bruce offered some bata on
>the linking of pitches and location of the rings on the far left of the
>wall. Just as we were parting ways he cried back... "Hope you have a head
>torch."... Which left me wondering for quite some time, was he serious?
>is it that hard? .... but no he was just messing with me. And it worked...
>prick.

Bruce is a follower of Gore Vidal*?

(*Famous, amongst other things, for the quote; "It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail!").

;-)
Fish Boy
16/07/2011
9:30:29 AM
Classic (to both of you)!!!!!!

Did it a few weeks ago thinking it would be a cruise....got spanked, spent 50 mins working out the last move of the 2nd pitch, it pissed down then got dark...memorable eh Paz?

gnaguts
17/07/2011
6:25:30 PM
Just did this climb again yesterday, and was rewarded with a new quickdraw on the bolt ladder and a new black diamond fifi hanging in the tree at the base, the cost... two nuts left on the second pitch that the second couldn't retrieve.
This brings the current count of fixed gear not counting the bolts to two old pins, one green rp, three fixed wires one has a mallion rapide on it, all on the second pitch.
awesome climb just love taipan !
Fish Boy
17/07/2011
7:24:37 PM
I scored a draw off the free variant by swinging over....should have bought the hammer fo the rest....!
simey
17/07/2011
7:53:10 PM
On 15/07/2011 Cool Hand Lock wrote:
>Having played for the Rams the day before and suffering quite badly from the effects
>of 2 gallons(U.S. gallons) of Victoria Bitter.

I didn't know you played for the Rams the other week. Forget the climb, how did the footy go?

Cool Hand Lock
18/07/2011
6:50:54 PM
On 17/07/2011 simey wrote:
>I didn't know you played for the Rams the other week. Forget the climb,
>how did the footy go?

No I didn't play the other week. Thankyou for pointing out the inconsistancy in the timeline. This story is a few years old.

As for the footy that day. It was like being raped in prison. Robbie Fry(130kg) elbowed me in the back of the head and spear tackled me. Mo fo!
simey
19/07/2011
5:13:17 PM
On 18/07/2011 Cool Hand Lock wrote:
>As for the footy that day. It was like being raped in prison.

So it was business as normal for the Rams. You should play again this year.

>Robbie Fry(130kg) elbowed me in the back of the head and spear tackled me. Mo fo!

Robbie Fry is a seriously big boy (130kg is a modest estimation). I'm surprised he could catch you though.

There are 8 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints