Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Trip Reports

Tells Us About Your Latest Trip!

Author
Back in form- Werribee Gorge

Super Saiyan
22-Oct-2005
7:11:32 PM
"Shower or two, possible thunderstorms". That'd be right. First weekend off in ages and its gonna piss rain.

Anywho, we figured we'd try our luck and headed to Werribee Gorge. First climb up was Sweet Chariots (11) which Sacha led, nice little warm up for my first route/anything in 3 weeks. I seconded up no worries and then prepared to get on the sharp end for an onsight attempt on Snatch n Grab (21)..

All was good until the 3rd bolt, just over the roof, when i developed "onsight blindness" and couldnt see all the good holds! i ended up hanging slopers with no feet before popping off... Spying to nice deep incut pockets right next to the 3rd bolt, I cursed myself and then cruised the rest to the top... Sacha decided to have a crack at the second, and got up with a few falls

Debating whether to try another route before the weather set in, we put aside Conscientious Pontius and decided on Hadrian Direct Finish (21) a thin finger crack. Equipped with every small cam and alien i could get my hands on, I found the first part of the route very comfortable, placing just 2 bits of gear... Then stitched up the top half! lol i think 5 cams was last count... But I did it, a 21 trad onsight! Sweet!

Sacha declined the second, so I rapped off to clean the route, only to find the very first piece of gear i placed thoroughly wedged! I spent the next 20 minutes, getting rained on, trying to get the cam out... Worst part is, it was my mates cam that I had borrowed. So if anyone can get it out, PM me here and ill shout ya a beer!

The rain came in and that was that! Nice to be back in some sort of form, head space is really good atm...

James out
adamk
24-Oct-2005
4:04:26 PM
Trad Climbing?

Super Saiyan
24-Oct-2005
10:50:56 PM
yeah i know! I'm getting all anakin style atm...

[EDIT]

For all those who dont know me or havent read any of my previous posts-

Translation: I am transgressing to a style of climbing which i have previously referred to as the 'dark side'. The dark side being trad climbing. For the past few months I have climbed sport routes exclusively.

For those not familiar with anakin, he is the jedi knight who turned to the dark side, became Darth Vader, and then blew up worlds and choked the shit out of everyone from the other side of the room

Anymore questions class??
adamk
25-Oct-2005
2:22:49 PM
?????????????????

Sabu
25-Oct-2005
4:28:32 PM
LOL !!

Super Saiyan
25-Oct-2005
7:42:57 PM
sabu would probably be the only one to 'get' the reference towards anakin. It is a joke about turning to the 'dark side' aka trad climbing, an ongoing joke...

Sabu
25-Oct-2005
8:40:05 PM
na only till now!
hard to believe u with trad gear though!!

Super Saiyan
25-Oct-2005
9:05:35 PM
and a crack too... Bleh! :)

skip1
26-Oct-2005
12:25:08 PM
Hey James,

I ended up going to Moonarie, coz the weather was perfect there... U gotta love crags in the middle of the desert... If you want to read up on our w/e check out- http://groups.msn.com/UNISARockclimbingClub/_whatsnew.msnw

Congrats on the 21 onsight btw... thats an impressive effort, esp on trad/bolts!

kezza
26-Oct-2005
2:03:34 PM
Just read the trip report kuva, and sounded like you had such a great time!! So jealous that you got to head outdoors! I'm stuck working heaps at the moment so I can survive in NZ!! But we are heading back to the gorge for my birthday!! So not too long to wait! and who knows, I might even place some trad... might.. (who knows). Are you planning on heading to araps again though?!

Kerryn

skip1
26-Oct-2005
3:46:21 PM
Yeah we had an awesome time! I'm sure all that work will pay off once u get to NZ so don't worry... and at least u can climb @ work too when its quiet! When is ur birthday?

We probably won't head to araps again till christmas time coz unfortunately we HAVE to go to fraser island for a conference (its a hard life). I think this is a good thing coz my elbow is starting to play up since the nationals. But after u get back from NZ we should def arrange a meeting sometime? Also can you guys suggest a good place for sport climbing? i want to start leading outdoors, but on something not too difficult, ie 15-18 sounds good.

cheers
kuva
adamk
27-Oct-2005
12:39:06 PM
i understand now mate...thanks for clarifying. Now take a deep breath and think about your singles column. Hi my names James i love starwars and spending time on internet forums! G to the E to the E to the K!

There are 12 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints